The secret workshop of the Venetian Puppets
In Santa Fosca a Venetian artisan has been created for 27 years odd and bizarre puppets. Since he was a boy, our expert puppet master has ejoyed creating dolls.
Inside his kingdom you will breathe a dreamlike and surreal atmosphere. It’s workshop, was in the past a painting workshop and later a chandeliers warehouse – and this can be seen by the piece of chandelier our artisan found and hung up on the ceiling beam as decorations-.
During this visit, you will learn how puppets are shaped using natural materials and following the traditional technique, including the use of a cross with eight threads to move them. Puppets bodies are all made of wood, while feet, head and hands are shaped with a wooden paste and hand painted.
All dresses and costumes are designed and sewed by his sister, seamstress skilled at sewing Venetian Carnival costumes.
Once upon a time, puppets were used in the ancient puppet shows to entertain guests with shows mixing satire and surprise.
per adult from
What's included :
- Visit of the puppets workshop
- Assistant/guide for translation (if needed)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chiesa di Santa Fosca, Campo Di Santa Fosca Campo di Santa Fosca, Adiacente alla Strada Nova, Venice Italy
You will meet up with our assistant in front of the Church
Departure Point :Campo Santa Fosca, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.