The Scots who built America
Learn about the Scots who built America. On this tour you'll visit the places 2 Founding Fathers either grew up or worked, learn about the founder of the US Navy, explore the museum dedicated to the founder of the company that became US Steel and also the richest man in world and finish off at the monument dedicated to the Scots who fought in the Civil War.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Pickup from traveler's location
What's excluded :
- Entry fee to the John Paul Jones Museum (£4.50 per person)
- Entry/Admission - John Paul Jones Birthplace Cottage & Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: John Paul Jones Birthplace Cottage & Museum, Arbigland Estate Arbigland, Kirkbean DG2 8BQ Scotland
Explore the birthplace of John Paul Jones, founder of the US Navy. His home has been turned into a quaint museum with dedicated to his life and also offers some breathtaking views!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Paisley Abbey, Abbey Close, Paisley PA1 1JG Scotland
Walk round the stunning 12th Century Abbey where a plaque has been placed dedicated to Founding Father John Witherspoon
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Paisley Arts Centre, 15 New St, Paisley PA1 1EZ, UK
Stop off at the Paisley Arts Centre for a light lunch in the cafe. The art centre is a converted church where Founding Father John Witherspoon was a Minister
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum, Andrew Carnegie House Moodie Street, Dunfermline KY12 7PL Scotland
Explore the cottage Andrew Carnegie was raised in, next door is a museum dedicated to his work.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Scottish-American Soldiers Monument, Waterloo Place Auf dem Friedhof, Edinburgh Scotland
View the only monument dedicated to the Civil War that is outside of America.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from the location of your choice
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.