The Scenic Roadtrip - Oslo to Bergen via the fjords by private van
No other tour from Oslo comes remotely near this customer acclaimed day tour taking you from the Capital, over the mountains, and via the Fjords to the picturesque coastal city Bergen.
Also, while on this tour you are able to visit famous Flåmand the Flåmsbana Railway, or you can take a cruise on the Nærøyfjord that goes through the UNESCO site with staggering views along the route (additional ticket cost).
Unlike the jam-packed Oslo/Bergen train, there are no hordes of travelers in front of your lens and you can make stops on request at great scenarios all by yourself. This tour is hassle-free travel from hotel door to hotel door with the most spectacular scenarios along the way.
Norway Fjord Travel receives top reviews from its guests for their flexibility and providing local guides that are easy to be around, combined with top knowledge and humorous comments.
Needing flexibility of a 24 hr refund?
See the same tour with that option available.
Note: Tour ENDS in Bergen !!
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and or drop-off
- Private tour - for your group only
- Private car and Norwegian driver (***no foreign low cost labour used)
- All petrol and road toll for the entire trip.
- Drivingtime + max 2,5 hours of total stop time for photos etc.
- Hotspot for image upload available in car (some regions in the mountains without coverage)
- Special Notice: Due to Norwegian legislation, this tour includes payment for a overnight stay in a tent at our remote island in the Osterfjord. Notice that you dont need to utilize this, as this is solely to comply with the outdated Norwegian transportation law. In case you DO want to utilize this part of the tour, please notify the local supplier at the time of booking and a tent wil be provided for your use. A 1500 USD security deposit must be paid for the tent. You will have to put up the tent yourself and make your way to the island on your own!
- Entry/Admission - Norway Fjord Travel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Oslo City Hall, Raadhusplassen 1, Oslo 0037 Norway
All tours start in Oslo
Stop At: Flam Railway Museum, Stasjonsvegen 8, 5742 Flåm, Norway
Visit the very popular Flåm village underway and have the option to take either the Flåmsbana Railway or Naeroyfjord Cruise while here. (Additional cast USD 100 P.P)
Immerse yourself in the very best of Norwegian Scenery and have the opportunity to the absolute best way of experiencing the stunning scenery between Oslo and Bergen. Don't forget your camera, as the Insta moments come like pearls on a line. From snow capped mountains to stunning deep fjords and presented with a local knowledge that only native Norwegian Guides have. Don't miss out on the hidden gems when you first travel this far - instead opt for the most experienced guide team in the country.
Your guide will pick you up at your Oslo city center hotel bright and early. You are heading from the flatlands in the east, out on the scenic drive over the mountains to the beautiful fjords of the west coast. The road itself is as beautiful as the classic train ride and many think even better as you can make stops upon request along the way. Don't miss out on those great opportunities for that magic shot by being confined to your seat.
You head out on the E-16 from the east and make your way via the beautiful Valdres area where you pass villages like Bagn, Fagernes, Røn, and the wonderful Ryfoss waterfall. As you arrive in the picturesque small mountain village of Vang, it is time to get ready for the mountain crossing and check that your cameras are ready for the spectacular scenery.
After you pass the mountains you will descend via Lærdal to the Nærøyfjord World Heritage site. Often called King of the Fjords amongst its visitors. In Flåm you will have the opportunity to see what it is all about. In addition, you are able to take the Flåmsbana train for the highlights from Flåm to Voss (additional ticket cost), -where your guide will be picking you up again in the station. This part of the train is truly the most scenic - and you end up with the best from two worlds.
After you finish up in Flåm and Gudvangen you will take the final part of the drive via Voss City to Bergen and be checking in at your hotel about 9-10pm. It is a full day with a lot of impressions, and you are guaranteed to get a good nights sleep before Bergen is ready for exploration the next few day's.
This local supplier is only using born and bread Norwegian drivers/guides that are experienced with rough mountain roads and eve changing conditions. This means safety is first and what would to many appear as foolhardy is an exhilarating day crossing some of the most rugged and wild areas you will ever find yourself in. Often your guides are also able to point out the many wildlife encounters along the road as they are trained to be observant for that very special moment where your camera can capture it.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Norway Fjord Travel, Nyhavn 18, 1E, 5042 Bergen, Norway
Your tour will END in Bergen where you are at approximately 18.15 to check in at your hotel or accomodation.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from your hotel of choise in Oslo or directly at Oslo Airport
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In the high season this product is likely to sell out. Booking early will give the local supplier better time to prepare.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.