The Sant'Antonio fires in Sardinia
In Sardinia the Carnival begins on January 17 with "Sa prima essia" (the first release) of the masks. In Barbagia, a historic region located at the foot of the Gennargentu massif, great fireworks are organized every year on the occasion of Saint Anthony in the villages. In Mamoiada, an important barbaricino center, with the first exit it starts the carnival, the masks of the Mamuthones and the Issohadores parade along the streets of the town to dance around the fires as a propitiatory rite.
The day begins with a visit to a local winery with vineyard tour, meeting with the winemaker and tasting of the famous Cannonau wine. Later, we will take a walk in the village to discover its history, starting from the origins to learn about "Sa perda pintà", menhir found in the custodian country and witness of an ancient history. We will continue with the dressing of the Mamuthones and the Issohadores and then follow them in the parade.
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting and typical local products
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Museo delle Maschere Mediterranee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo delle Maschere Mediterranee, Piazza Europa 15, 08024 Mamoiada, Sardinia Italy
Stop at the Mamoiada Museum of Mediterranean Masks to discover the soul of the carnival.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up from hotels, b & b, holiday homes and private accommodation.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/16/2021 - 1/17/2021
Saturday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.