The Rustic Roads of Lampang
Within proximity of Chiang Mai, Lampang’s tourism flow requires in following a more rustic path. We intend to include the spiritual must-sees of but add some natural splendor and a taste of what may be your new favorite Thai snack during this full day.
• See the other side of charming, green Lampang
• Wander through the stunning Chae Son National Park
• Get a great impression of Thailand’s northern heritage
• An up-and-close encounter with Lampang’s famous temples
• A local lunch is included on this day
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Chae Son National Park
- Entry/Admission - Wat Chedi Sao Lang
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ban Pao, Ban Pao
An early morning departure from your booked hotel in downtown Chiang Mai follows the main road in southern direction towards Lampang. The third-largest province in northern Thailand is known to have a large collection of Lanna-era sights and temples, depicting the importance of this town in its glory days. The relaxing journey to Lampang takes around 1.5 hours, following the path of mountain ridges that are the very last extensions of the Himalaya mountain range.
En route, we make a stop at the village of Baan Pao, part of the rural outskirts of Lampang; a town that has gained national fame for the creation of delicious rice crackers, a popular snack among Thais. The process of how these are made will be shown as well as sampling a piece.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Chae Son National Park, near Elephant Conservation Center, Lampang Thailand
we arrive at the borders of the Chae Son National Park, known for its lush and mountainous landscape, offering plenty of opportunities for a relaxing break and panoramic views. From waterfalls and hot springs, often visited by locals over the weekend, nature rules with a firm hand here; the reason why not many tourists enter this national park is unknown, but definitely makes this perfect for our rustic theme. Lunch will be included at a local restaurant.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Wat Chedi Sao Lang, Baan Wang Mor Village, Lampang-Jae Hom Road Ton Thong Chai, Lampang Thailand
Lampang town cannot be left aside now that we’re so close. Renowned sights such as the Wat Chedi Sao, an important temple with 20 Chedis, and the Wat Pra Kaeo, situated along the Wang River and influenced by various prominent cultures are the main temples we include.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Clock Tower, Sop Tui, Mueang Lampang District, Lampang 52100, Thailand
We end the day by seeing the clock tower of Lampang, an important statue of 10 meters in height. Its central position with the main roads reaching the far corners of Lampang also is a hub where you may be able to see Lampang’s unique means of transportation – the horse-drawn carriage (ride not included). Unfortunately, we have to call it day and head back to Chiang Mai and your booked hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Chiang Mai hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Mai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Mae Rim, Hang Dong, Doi Saket, Mae Taeng and Chiang Mai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply; We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.