The Outlander Experience - Private 1 day tour (1 - 8 People)
This tour is a must for every fan of the hit TV show Outlander and is a bucket list-moment to get to visit the sets of your favourite show. Relive the books, walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and explore ancient castles and little villages that have not been changed since the 16th century. Meet the friendly locals and enjoy homemade cuisine from a family run tearoom in Falkland.
A massive fan of the hit TV show, your tour guide for the day has actually appeared in Season 3 & 4 of Outlander so has lots of inside knowledge. We look forward to sharing this experience with you and giving you a day you will never forget. Haste Ye Back!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Dram of whisky
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Visitor attractions
- Entry/Admission - George Square
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Square, George and St. Vincent Sts., Glasgow Scotland
Your guide can pick you up from your accommodation in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
• Doune Castle - Leaving your accommodation, we will soon be arriving at our first film location in the Outlander series, Doune castle that was the site for castle Leoch. This impressive 14th century building is heaped with history and is one of Scotlands most famous film locations. Free audio guides are also available to tell you how the castle was used in Outlander narrated by Sam Heughan.
• Drummond Castle - We then take the short trip north to Drummond Castle, which was used for the gardens of Versailles in Outlander. Drummond Castle Gardens is one of Europe’s and Scotland’s most important and impressive formal gardens that date back to the 17th century.
• Falkland - We will take the short drive up to Falkland, which was the site for the 1940’s Inverness scenes in season 1. Walk through this charming village and you will instantly recognise Mrs Baird’s guesthouse and Jamie’s fountain.
• Midhope Castle - Midhope castle is an essential for every Outlander fan as it was the site for Jamie’s home Lallybroch. Walk around the courtyard and remember some of the most iconic scenes from Outlander.
• Linlithgow Palace - We will then finish our day at Linlithgow Palace, which was the site for the Wentworth prison scenes. Linlithgow Palace was a royal pleasure palace where Mary Queen of Scots was born. Walk through one of the most spectacular ruins in Scotland and follow in the footsteps of royalty.
• We will then drive you back to your accommodation.
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: St Andrew Square, George Street, Edinburgh Scotland
Your guide can pick you up from your accommodation in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Client can organise with tour operator for pick up location.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.