The Ottoman Experience Tour in Mostar
For more than four hundred years, Bosnia-Herzegovina has been part of Ottoman Empire, once the most powerful empire in the world spreading from Middle East to Central Europe. Although this Empire is long gone, its effects are still visible in everyday life in Bosnia and Herzegovina: in culture, language, cuisine… You are going to spend more than 2 hours finding out about Bosnian history, cultural and architectural heritage.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local tourist guide
- Bosnian coffee class
What's excluded :
- Bosnia and Herzegovina is country with a long history. Sometimes it's seems impossible to find out where it all began and what made it such an unusual and interesting place, inspired by both, eastern and western influences. With the Ottoman Experience tour we will do our best to immerse you in the everyday life of a Mostar peasant living in the Ottoman Empire. We will witness the birth of Mostar, the beautiful architecture, explore religious rituals, feel the family life in those days houses and learn how to make the perfect Bosnian coffee. For a couple of hours, you will become citizens of this vast Empire, introducing yourselves to the hardships and pleasures of living in largely forgotten times.
Departure Point :iHouse Travel doo
Departure Time :Monday at 4:00 pm
Tuesday at 4:00 pm
Wednesday at 4:00 pm
Thursday at 4:00 pm
Friday at 4:00 pm
Saturday at 4:00 pm
Sunday at 4:00 pm
In low season upon request (usually morning hours).
Return Detail :After the tour we return to the starting point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be recived at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.