The Othos-Pigadia Walk by Art and Walk
You meet your guide at the bus-station and the bus takes you and the other guests up to Othos, the highest village of Karpathos at 510m above sea level. From there you walk to the green vineyard area of Stes all the way to the village of Piles. From Piles you go back to Pigadia with the bus after a quick break at a local coffee-shop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking stick (on request)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Public bus ride from Pigadia to Othos
What's excluded :
Meet your guide at the bus-station of Pigadia early in the morning at 06:45am. We start at this hour to avoid the summer-heat and take the bus up to Othos at 07:00am. After a bus ride of 20 minutes we reach the highest located village of Karpathos where we start our Othos-Pigadia Walk.
Starting in the main street of Othos we head straight for the little side streets where the asphalt path turns into an easy downhill off-road path. In the distance you can see where you are heading as Pigadia remains visible almost the entire time. After about an hour the view changes for a while as the Saint George Monastery appears in front of us. We make a tea break in the shade of the monastery and get a chance to fill up our water bottles. Right behind this pretty building we can find the green mountains which we are heading towards. The wind becomes stronger and provides us a cooling breeze as the sun is getting warmer. Menetes is suddenly visible and we are getting close to Pigadia again. Little chapels and even plenty of sheep and goats are all around us.
We reach Pigadia again around 11am.
The walk has an occasional steep slope up or down.
Distance: 10km. Height difference: +510 m / 0 m.
Departure Point :Bus Station, Karpathos 857 00, Greece
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.