The Otherworldly Side of Bagan
Tales of a bygone era with stone remains that oozes royalty and serenity, Bagan is an explorers’ playground in the finest sense of the word. A dazzling collection of still-in-use temples adorn Bagan’s horizon, destined to leave an ever-lasting impression.
• Explore Bagan’s most stunning temples
• Learn about the story of how Bagan was founded
• Wander in and around a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Four magnificent temples included during this half-day
• Return transfers from and to the hotel are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
What's excluded :
- Bagan Archaeological Site entrance fees
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Shwezigon Paya
- Entry/Admission - Gubyaukgyi Temple
- Entry/Admission - Ananda Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shwezigon Paya, Bagan Myanmar
Our guide and driver will pick you up at around 2 pm for guiding you along with the most significant pagodas and temples of Bagan. Our first stop will be at the Shwezigon Pagoda, built by King Anawrahta in the early 11th century as a religious shrine. The Shwezigon Pagoda's name was derived from Ground of Victory Jeyyabhumi and was associated with the two great kings Anawrahta and Kyansitta for their backing of the Buddhist religion. A well-preserved monument, consecrated by one of the most notable royalties of old Bagan, it truly is all awe and splendour when entering the compound of the gilded Shwezigon Pagoda in Nyaung U.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gubyaukgyi Temple, Bagan-Chauk Road, Bagan Myanmar
Following this visit, we head out to the Gu Byauk Gyi. The temple is a fine example of Bagan's grandeur during its royal heyday. Its outstanding architecture and it is one of the largest religious complexes still in use makes it a temple not to be missed.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ananda Temple, Beside Anawrahta Road, Bagan 05232 Myanmar
As the Bagan temples are located on this plain, visuals from the immense site are some of the features we cannot pass by. The Ananda Temple is one of the more recognizable ones in the region with four magnificent standing Buddha images. It has taken a unique spot in the landscape of pagodas and temple ruins, thus cannot be left aside. Constructed during the 11th century, it is one of Bagan's best known and most beautiful temples, mainly for its magnificent standing Buddha images.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ayeyarwaddy River, Mingun Myanmar
Sunsets across Bagan are spectacular, taking in gently-rolling hills and the winding Ayeyarwaddy River. At the end of this half-day tour, guests will enjoy these sweeping landscapes from this elevated viewing point nearby Bagan. After the sun has set, we comfortably bring you back to your hotel in Bagan.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Old and New Bagan hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs. This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Sand, dust and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- This tour is operated only in the afternoon.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.