The Other Side of Yangon
Deep dive into the untouched countryside where to wonder the real rural beauty just at the other side of Yangon. Take a local ferry boat to cross the Yangon River to an almost car-free island and everything you will see there might be much of a difference with the big city like Yangon. Enjoy the quiet and peaceful area of Dala and study the local life style of people.
Highlights are :
- Cross the Yangon River by a local ferry
- Experience the authentic rural lifestyle and scenery
- Learn about countryside monastic school where you will get an insight of old education system with unique tradition
- Inspiring stories of local artisans, working on conservative micro business at Chu Chu workshop
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Dala ferry
- English speaking guide
- Dala trishaw
- Tea and snack at local tea shop in Dala
- Activities as mentioned
What's excluded :
- Meals (Lunch / Dinner)
- Gratuities, tips for guide and drivers etc..
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nanthida Harbor, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Meeting point is near Nan Thida Ferry Terminal in front of Junior Duck restaurant.
Meet with your guide and get briefing about the whole tour. After that take a local ferry boat to cross the Yangon River and into the small town of Dala. The ferry that crosses the Yangon River is used every day by thousands of local commuters going to and from work. The scenery quickly changes once you cross the river, from the busy streets of Yangon to the quiet countryside of Dala. After reaching Dala, travel by trishaw through the scenic town with its trees, local neighborhoods and quiet side streets. Stop at a tea shop to experience a daily staple of life in Myanmar and taste the Burmese typical breakfast. While in Dala, visit the market and have plenty of opportunities to stop and interact with the friendly locals.
Trishaw drivers will take you on country roads through local villages to a monastic school. Here you can meet the children and talk to the teachers (with help of your guide). The head monk does all he can with very limited funds to create a good life for the children, and if you care to make a donation while you are here it will be welcomed for the purchase of school books, blankets, rice, clothing etc. The children are delighted to meet foreigners, and these encounters can be very rewarding for visitors.
Next visit is to Chu Chu Workshop; you will see how the plastic bags from the garbage are turned into useful products. Chu Chu members gather plastic bags from the dumping sites and markets in Yangon and work to develop new designs that meet the local and international market demand.
On your way back to the ferry enjoy the views of real local rural life - nothing like the busy streets of Yangon on other side of the river. Return by ferry boat to Yangon, observing life along the river and reflecting back on the excursion to Dala.
Arrive back to Nan Thida Ferry Terminals where your day excursion comes to the end.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Nan Thida Ferry Terminal, Botataung Township, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.