The Official Colosseum Belvedere & Underground Tour
Your guide will take you on a journey back in time, recreating the amazing history and mysteries of this grand monument. On your tour, you will beat the crowd skipping the long ticket lines to venture deep inside the walls of the Colosseum discovering its many secrets and gory past. You will walk out onto the famous Arena floor once stood upon by Romes greatest gladiators then visit the Colosseum undergrounds, where the gladiators and the animals were waiting before the show. Scale the heights venturing to the highest points of the Colosseum giving you one of the most beautiful panoramic views of the centre of Rome all the while having the stories of this historic masterpiece of architecture brought back to life by your professional tour guide.
After Colosseum you will march onward into the Palatine Hill, hosting the best view over the centre of the city. Then you will move on to the Roman Imperial Forum, the true heart of ancient Rome brought back to life by your professional guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, English speaking guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Colosseum Belvedere, Underground and Arena & Ancient Rome
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Explore Italy Tours, Via del Colosseo 24, 00184 Rome Italy
You will do the check-in in the office and meet the tour coordinator.
Belvedere in italian means beautiful view. This is the Colosseum tour that gives you the opportunity to have the best pictures anyone could ask in this magnificent ancient monument.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Beat the crowds, the heat, and the long ticket lines on this 1.5-hour Official Colosseum Belvedere & Underground tour. The tour groups at the Colosseum are usually very large but this is a small group tour with a maximum size of 24 people. This tour gives you access to the Colosseum Arena floor, Colosseum dungeons, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th tier. Your expert English speaking guide will take you back in time, recreating the history of the Colosseum. You will have "skip the line" access to this fantastic monument, avoiding the tickets lines. Relax and enjoy this history-rich guided tour!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
On the Palatine hill, you visit the private stadium of the emperor Domitian and you will also enjoy the beautiful views over the city of Rome from the top of the imperial palace.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
An expert English speaking guide will take you on a journey back in time, recreating the amazing history and mysteries of the centre of ancient Rome. You will venture up to the Palatine Hill home to the most affluent of ancient Romans, hosting the best view over the centre of the city (A perfect place for pictures). And then moving down the hill to explore the famous Roman Forum, the centre of life in ancient Rome where many of the oldest and most important buildings were located and the venue for public speeches, elections, criminal trials, and single combat gladiatorial matches. Join us on the Ultimate Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Ancient Rome Tour and travel in time to see the eternal city in all of its former glory.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your departure time. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Important: Please note that large bags, backpacks, and/or suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The Colosseum portion of the tour will last approximately 1.5 hour,
- The Roman Forum & Palatine Hill part of the tour will also last approximately 1.5 hour.
- Please be advised that the Colosseum's capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure
- This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.