The "not polite to use his name" City Tour
This cultural tour provides a real glimpse into his life and tells the story impartially, by demonstrating 4 points in the city. (including the jail he built and escaped from)
Understand the basis and history that made Medellin an award-winning, innovative city!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- • Roundtrip transportation from chosen pick up point
- • Knowledgeable English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance to La Catedral
- • Entrance to the cemetery
- • Insurance
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio Santa Gertrudis La Magna
- Entry/Admission - Cementerio Jardines Montesacro
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Memorial Inflexion, Carrera 45 15 172A 15 Sur-44, Medellin, Medellin 050021 Colombia
Visit the site of Escobar’s former home, where he hid his family and had enemies plant bombs to kill him. Learn about the transformation of this site into a memorial park for victims of Colombia's drug war.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Monasterio Santa Gertrudis La Magna, Vereda Valle De La Miel La Catedral Zona Rural, Envigado Colombia
Next, head to “la cathedral”, a jail Escobar built for himself in an agreement with the government, from which he later escaped.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cancha El Dorado, # 41-, Cra. 44 #25 Sur63, Envigado, Antioquia, Colombia
Afterward, visit the soccer field Escobar built, known for its visionary design, where he gave speeches in an attempt to make a foray into Colombian politics.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cementerio Jardines Montesacro, Carrera 42 25 51, Itagui 055413 Colombia
To cap things off, make your way to the cemetery, where Escobar is buried along with his family and other members of his gang, including Griselda Blanco. By the end of the day, leave the tour with a better understanding of the negative impact that Escobar had on the country and the lives of the Colombian people.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Juan Valdez Café, Cra. 37 ## 8A-74, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.