The New Orleans Dark Side Tour
Take a trip back in time and discover the mysterious beginnings of the Crescent City! Embrace the rich culture of the "Big Easy" ind uncover the French Creole - The Cajuns - Mardi Gras and Carnival - Pirates - Casket Girls and Prostitutes & the Mob in New Orleans! Continue your journey through the darkest history of the city. Guests will be allowed to stop and grab to go drinks along the tour route! Enjoy a tour where learning is intoxicating.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Walking tour approx two hours
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- The name of “New Orleans” conjures up a succulent variety of images, from the soft sounds of jazz to whirring ceiling fans, wrought iron gates, and hot, spicy food. Along the swollen Mississippi River, the city dozes, only to come alive at night with the revelry of its people and the blare of music and laughter from Bourbon Street and the French Quarter.
These are the images of New Orleans that many people think of... but there is another side to the city as well, an underbelly and a darkness that is as carefully hidden as the gates to the small gardens which lurk between buildings in the Quarter. This dark side is there, just like the spectacular gardens and courtyards, but you have to know where to look for it. Even if you don’t see it, it’s liable to sneak out at you and surprise you when you least expect it.
The dark side of New Orleans is as compelling as the chicory-laced coffee and the delicious “beignets” however.... it’s a dark side which is filled with the seductive images of voodoo, vampires and ghosts. Only in New Orleans could darkness and death seem so appealing! But to truly understand the hauntings of a city, we must first explore its history. What events took place to cause the location to become so haunted? Why did so many ghosts lurk in New Orleans?
To understand this, we must take a strange and wonderful journey into New Orleans' past... Then, prepare yourself for a dark journey into one of the most haunted cities in America! Join this tour...if you dare!!!
A real EMF meter - ghost/paranormal detector will be used during this tour.
To add to the fun and entertainment of this tour guests will be allowed to stop in bars along the tour route and purchase a to go drink before the group heads out to the next location. Please keep in mind that some bars allow children inside however some do not.
Departure Point :1200 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Return Detail :French Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tickets can not be transferred. No refunds for any reason (including weather in New Orleans or any other location) All sales are final. Please arrive a few minutes prior to departure time. Tours depart at the scheduled time. If guests do not check in Before the tour they can not call & meet at a different location. Late arrivals will not be refunded. We reserve the right to refuse service to guests who show signs of extreme intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund. Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.Please be aware that @ cut off time for reservations if the minimum numbers are not met the tour will be cancelled & you will be contacted by phone, text, or email up to 1 hour before the tour is scheduled to depart. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternate tour or full refund. We do not offer additional compensation for a customer who feels inconvenienced by the tour being cancelled. Knowing that there is a chance that this tour may be cancelled guests may want to have a back up plan in the event that this tour is cancelled last minute. If a guest agrees to attend the alternate tour all the same terms and conditions apply. Once a guest confirms the new date / time for a tour no refund will be issued if a guest decides to cancel.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tours due to inclement weather or any other acts of God. Departure Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions. In the event of this taking place guests will be contacted via phone, text or email. We are not responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings or any injuries sustained due to the old, uneven & dilapidated streets & walkways. Participants are advised not to obstruct the sidewalks or streets during this tour. We accept no responsibility for anything that arises from this or failure to follow any other instructions while on tour. A fee of $60 will be charged for any piece of lost, damaged, or missing piece of paranormal equipment if a guest takes the equipment they will be expected to return it immediately or pay the $60 fee so that it can be replaced immediately. Guests are not allowed to video any portion of the tour. No videos of any narrations given by tour guides will be permitted. This is a walking tour. The duration: 1 - 2 hours it may last longer depending on the wait time inside the bars. Some bars may be busy & if numerous stops are made to busy bars this can delay the tour to a large degree. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please keep in mind some bars do not allow kids inside. No entry is gained inside locations. Tour route is subject to change without notice. This tour is also known as the New Orleans Drunk History Tour. Drinks are not included
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Guests are welcome to bring masks, gloves and hand sanitizer to use during tours. Some bars / restaurants require masks if a guest goes inside to purchase a drink. We do have the option of to go windows for both alcoholic & soft drinks along the route as well.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.