The most beautiful road in Romania straight into the heart of nature
Discover the wilderness and uniqueness of Romania in a two day outdoor experience. You will visit Poenari Fortress, were you will discover the true story of Vlad the Impaler. You will test your courage on Stan’s Valley - one of the wildest and most impressive via ferrata trails in Romania, with deep, clear waterholes, breathtaking gorges and dreamy landscapes. Moreover, in the evening you will relax and charge up with energy in the heart of nature. You will also take a ride on one of the greatest roads in the word, as Top Gear specialists called it: Transfagarasan, the most spectacular mountain road in Romania, with breath-taking views over the mountains.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- What You Can Expect
Day 1: You will start early in the morning (7 am) from your hotel (Bucharest or other location you indicate). Today you will enter into the life style of Romanian people through its legends and stories. At the start of Transfagarasan you will enter directly into the beautiful gorges of Stan Valey, so be ready! Climbing stairs, crossing rivers, ridge walking, these are only parts of this adventurous day! A medium level hike for half a day. After the canion you will have a picnic in the middle of the forrest . Relaxation evening in the nature and overnight in a Traditional Mountain Hut.
Day 2: Following breakfast, you will enjoy the beauty of Transfagarasan highway also known as Ceaușescu's Folly - a paved mountain road crossing the southern section of the Carpathian Mountains of Romaniain, a road that crosses the mountains at over 2.000 m, with a breathtaking scenery. We will be back in Bucharest at 21:00.
Departure Point :Departure from Bucharest
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.