The Medieval Heart of Paris (History Walk)
The two islands sitting in the center of Paris are amongst the best preserved areas of the city and represent its historic heart.
Medieval palaces, Gothic cathedrals and of course Notre Dame, the city's oldest monument.
Walk with me through the historic heart of the city & discover vestiges of Paris from the Middle Ages, the hidden treasures of these two beautiful neighbourhoods. A trained historian, I provide commentary & explanations that will provide the historic & architectural context of the buildings we will visit. More than a stroll through Paris, this is a lesson in the history of the city's foundation !
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- A tablet is used by the guide to present photo & video documentation of the historical context
- Entry/Admission - Pont-Neuf
- Entry/Admission - Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (€17/adult)
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions & the hotel not included
- Entry/Admission - Conciergerie
- Entry/Admission - Sainte-Chapelle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pont-Neuf, Ile de la Cite, 75001 Paris France
Discover the city's oldest bridge & the 1st one to be built in stone
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Conciergerie, 2 boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris France
Visit the nation's 1st royal palace, later transformed into a prison. See the cell where Marie Antoinette spent her final days before being sent to the guillotine.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sainte-Chapelle, 8 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris France
Discover the most stunning chapel in France - built in 1248 in the Flamboyant Gothic style. Two thirds of the surface area of this church is composed of stained glass from the 13th Century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris, 6 Parvis Notre-Dame Place Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris France
Unfortunately we can no longer enter the cathedral but with the aid of photos & illustrations you can do a "virtual visit"
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ile Saint-Louis, Ile Saint-Louis, Paris, Ile-de-France
We will stroll through an area of Paris that has remained untouched since it was built in the 1600s - with its stately mansions, charming boutiques & lovely baroque church
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :15 Place du Pont Neuf, 75001 Paris, France
Departure Time :Medieval Paris 11am Tour 9/17/2019 - 1/1/2023
Medieval Paris 2pm Tour 9/17/2019 - 1/1/2023
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 02:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :1 Rue Saint-Louis en l'Île, 75004 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The walk lasts roughly 2 hours - but is not strenuous. Comfortable walking shoes, bottled water & an umbrella are recommended.
- Entry costs to monuments not included
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.