The Medici Way - Florence walking tour including Palazzo Vecchio - Semi private
Discover all the secrets of the Medici family, starting from San Lorenzo church and ending in front of the imposing Pitti Palace, with an enjoyable relaxed stoll in the footsteps of the Medici dynasty, that ruled the city in the 14th and 15th centuries. In addition to having obtained the power before Florence then Tuscany the Medici are known for having promoted the artistic, cultural, spiritual and scientific life of their time
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Palazzo Vecchio entrance tickets
- Earphones for groups of more than 8 people
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Vecchio
What's excluded :
- Transfer service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Lorenzo, San Lorenzo, Florence, Tuscany
Our walking tour starts strolling from San Lorenzo church and its market to the Cathedral square, where you will learn all the secrets behind the building of the Brunelleschi’s dome and the Gates of Paradise. Your expert and funny tour guide will tell you many stories about the life of artists such as Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo, while stopping in all the most important spots in town: from the Republic square – the heart of the Roman Florence – to the Piglet Fountain, Orsanmichele church to Piazza della Signoria, where every statue will unveil its secrets…
Stop At: Palazzo Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, 50122, Florence Italy
Would you like to discover more about the Medici family, the dynasty that shaped Florence? Your tour guide will lead you inside the Palazzo Vecchio, once set of the Medieval government, then palace of the grand-ducal family and today one of the most charming museums in Florence and still home to the city council. Marvel at the view of the Hall of the Five Hundred with paintings and battle frescos by Giorgio Vasari and sculptures by Michelangelo and Baccio Bandinelli. Visit the studio of Francesco I the Medici – the prince collector – a jewel box inspired by the kinship between art and nature hosting more than 40 masterpieces and visit other highlights, such as the frescoed chapel of Eleonora of Toledo, Cosimo I’s wife.
Did you know that Dante Alighieri death mask is here? Discover the truth behind Dan Brown’s Inferno. What happened to Niccolò Machiavelli and why did he write The Prince?
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Palazzo Pitti, Piazza Dei Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
After the visit of the palace, our tour continues in the Uffizi courtyard, following the exterior of the Vasari corridor you will reach Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge of Florence where you can take pictures and take a peek at the gold shops. Crossing the Old Bridge, you will be in front of the Pitti Palace, the last home of the Medici family and once the palace of the King.
Now you will be free to taste one of the best gelato in town and continue exploring the charming streets of the Oltrarno!
Departure Point :San Lorenzo, Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Pitti Palace, Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.