The local farmers tour
During this day tour, you will get to know the countryside, small producers, try delicious products, exchange with local people, participate into the local economy, in a sustainable way (as much as possible). If you want more than a tour where you just see things, if you want to live an experience, participate, be active, and know more about some ecological and social aspects of the rural life, then come along.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Wine tasting
- All activities
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Herdade do Freixo do Meio
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelo de Palmela, Palmela 2950-997 Portugal
We will start the day by picking you up in Lisbon, and will head to a little visited castle half an hour away, to enjoy an amazing view and a coffee.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Herdade do Freixo do Meio Foros de Vale de Figueira, Montemor-o-Novo 7050-705 Portugal
After this short break, we will go to a permaculture farm near Montemor-o-Novo, in Alentejo region. We will visit the farm, explain what is permaculture, how it is more efficient and respectful of the environment than classic agriculture. You will learn the specificities of the region, what can be produced there. Then we will have lunch with the workers, and enjoy fresh, biological products of the farm. In the afternoon, we will do a workshop in the farm, like making bread or make something out of cork.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Castelo de Montemor o Velho, Distrito de Coimbra, Montemor-o-Velho 3140 Portugal
The day will then end in the abandoned castle of Montemor-O-Novo, with a last tasting of a delicacy typical of the region. We will then return to Lisbon.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Amoreiras, 1070-103 Lisbon, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Centro Comercial das Amoreiras
Departure Time :9:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.