The Last Days of Camarad Ceausescu and Vlad the Impaler's Royal Court
Embark on this small group day trip from Bucharest to discover an important part of Romanian history hidden at Targoviste. On this tour you will learn details about the famous Vlad Tepes, also known as Dracula as well as details from Romania's recent history. At the end of the tour you will visit Ceausescu Palace - the home of the former Romanian dictator located in Bucharest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if selected)
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- Entry/Admission - Mogosoaia Palace
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Communism
- Entry/Admission - Princely Court
- Entry/Admission - Ceausescu Mansion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
The Palace of the Parliament is the seat of the Parliament of Romania. Located on Spirii Hill in central Bucharest, the Palace is the second largest administrative building in the world after the Pentagon. It is also the most expensive administrative building and heaviest building. It measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m under the ground. It has 1,100 rooms and is 12 stories tall, with additional 8 underground levels including an enormous nuclear bunker. A colossal parliament building known for its ornate interior, it houses the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies, three museums and an international conference center.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mogosoaia Palace, Strada Valea Parcului Nr. 1, Mogosoaia 077135 Romania
Our tour continues with Mogosoaia Palace located just a short ride from Bucharest. It was built between 1698-1702 by Constantin Brâncoveanu in what is called the Romanian Renaissance style or Brâncovenesc style. The palace bears the name of the widow of the Romanian boyar Mogoș, who owned the land it was built on. The princely residence was first mentioned at the end of the 16th century, its construction being finished at the beginning of the 18th century.
After 1714, when Constantin Brancoveanu was executed with his entire family in Constantinopole, all the family's wealth was confiscated by the Ottomans and the palace was converted into an inn. Rebought by Prince Stefan Cantacuzino, he returned it to Brâncoveanu's grandson Constantin, and remained with the family until the early nineteenth century.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Museum of Communism, Bulevardul Regele Carol I, Targoviste 130010 Romania
This in the military unit where the last Communist President Nicolae Ceausescu along with his wife Elena Ceausescu were kept as prisoners, judged by a military court and finally executed. We will discuss about these final days and communism in Romania.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Princely Court, Str. Justice, No. 7, Targoviste 130 014 Romania
Finally you will go to Targoviste where you will visit the former royal residence where Vlad Tepes ruled. This is also the place where the battle from June 1462 took place between Vlad Tepes (Dracula) and Mehmed II the Sultan of the Otoman Empire. The battle ended with the defeat of the Ottoman army and in honor of his victory, Vlad Tepes built Chindia Tower which can be visited today.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Ceausescu Mansion, Bulevardul Primaverii No.50 District 1, Bucharest 011975 Romania
Primaverii Palace is also known as the “Ceausescu Mansion” and it was the private residence of Nicolae and Elena Ceauşescu and of their children, Nicu, Zoia, and Valentin. It was built in the mid-1960s and enlarged between 1970 and 1972.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up from any hotel, hostel, guest house or apartment in Bucharest.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years
- If hotel pickup required, please enter hotel details at checkout
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.