The Land of Shiva Half-Day Walking Tour with Guide
If you have a keen interest in Hindusim and want to learn more about its culture and aspects, then Varanasi is place for you. In this tour, you would be visiting the temples of Lord Shiva, as per mythology he is the creator of Universe and holds a very special place among Indians.
This walk will show Shiva in his own city with in all his diverse forms and faces. We will talk about the lingam; as a physical entity, as an abstract form and even as a cosmic symbol permeating the city. We go beyond the stereotypes of Shiva as a “destroyer” towards his reality as the Mahadev, both heterodox & orthodox, an untouchable beggar who is Lord of the
per adult from
What's included :
- Services of English Speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Varanasi, Varanasi, Varanasi District, Uttar Pradesh
For the next several hours, we will continue our exploration of the Old City on foot, through her labyrinth of small alleys; you will see hidden temples, vibrant bazaars, neighborhoods of bustle and activity, and quiet spots of tranquility amidst it all. We might even stop to grab some delicious street food, as well!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pizzeria Vaatika Cafe - Pizza Restaurants in Varanasi, B-1/178, Assi Ghat Rd, Shivala, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.