The History of Trade in Singapore: An audio tour from Chinatown to Boat Quay
A walk from the beautifully preserved ethnic area of Chinatown to the modern skyscrapers of Boat Quay, this self-guided audio tour's route traces the history of trade from the time of its founding in 1819 through to the economic and cultural marvel that is modern Singapore.
Your guide, Kenn Delbridge is a 20-year resident of Singapore, who runs an audio studio that creates soundtracks and soundscapes for international broadcasters like BBC, National Geographic and Discovery Channel, and he's produced numerous audiobooks that focus on city walks.
This tour is ready whenever you are. Simply download the tour using the VoiceMap app while in a wifi zone.
per adult from
50 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chinatown Heritage Centre, 48 Pagoda Street, Singapore 059207 Singapore
The tour starts outside the Chinatown Heritage Centre.
Pass By: Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum, 288 South Bridge Road, Singapore 058840 Singapore
The tour passes through the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
Pass By: 244 South Bridge Road Sri Mariamman Temple, Singapore 058793 Singapore
The tour passes Sri Mariamman Temple.
Pass By: Masjid Jamae (Chulia), 218 South Bridge Rd, Singapore 058767
The tour passes Masjid Jamae (Chulia).
Pass By: Singapore River, Singapore River, Singapore
The tour passes over the Singapore River.
Pass By: Parliament of Singapore, 1 Parliament Place Parliament House Complex Parliament House, Singapore 178880 Singapore
The tour passes the Parliament Of Singapore
Pass By: Statue of Raffles, Downtown Core, Singapore Singapore
The tour passes the Statue of Sir Stamford Raffles.
Pass By: Cavenagh Bridge, Mouth of Singapore River, Singapore Singapore
The tour passes over the Cavenagh Bridge.
Departure Point :Chinatown Heritage Centre, 48 Pagoda St, Singapore 059207
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/21/2020 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Fullerton Building, 1 Fullerton Square, Singapore 049178
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.