The Highlights of Chiang Rai and the Akha Experience
You will see some of the highlights of Chiang Rai, such as Wat Rong Khun and Wat Huay Pla Kang. In the afternoon you will an Akha village, one of the most interesting tribal groups in Thailand. You will see them in their beautiful traditional dress and you will help them prepare one of their traditional dishes. Finally you will visit a nice waterfall, not far from the village.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Guide
- Limited Medical Insurance
- Entry/Admission - Wat Rong Khun
- Entry/Admission - Mae Fah Luang Art and Culture Park
- Entry/Admission - Mae Sai Waterfall
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Rong Khun, Lahaul-Spiti Pa O Don Chai Subdistrict, Chiang Rai 57000 Thailand
Your guide and driver will meet you at the hotel . Drive to Wat Rong Khun, the "White Temple". This is the creation of Thai artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, who designed, constructed, and opened it to visitors in 1997.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mae Fah Luang Art and Culture Park, 313 Moo 7 Baan Pa Ngiew Rop Wiang, Chiang Rai 57000 Thailand
Mae Fah Luang Art and Culture Park is a park featuring stunning landscaped gardens, museums & a traditional Lanna pavilion.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Huay Pla Kang, 553 Moo 3 Rimkok, Chiang Rai 57100 Thailand
Continue to Wat Huay Pla Kang, a temple complex that was constructed recently. A giant statue of Kuan Im, the goddess of Mercy, can be seen from afar. We will spend some time at this fantastic complex and will take the elevator to the top floor of the statue. From here you will have a great view of the surroundings. Return to the hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mae Sai Waterfall, Mae Yao, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai 57100, Thailand
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch we will drive to Ban Apha, an Akha village not far from Chiang Rai. The Akha are the most numerous tribal group in Chiang Rai province. Their traditional dress is absolutely stunning. Especially the headdress of the women is exquisite and very recognizable. Their embroidery though is also of great beauty. If you want to dress up as an Akha.
You will help the Akha people prepare a typical Akha delicacy. It is a fun activity. You will also hear the story of the recent history of the village. After we have consumed our Akha delicacy we drive to a pretty, nearby waterfall.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wat Rong Seur Ten (Blue Temple), 306, Moo 2 Maekok Rd Rim Kok, Chiang Rai 57100 Thailand
Then it is time to return to Chiang Rai. Before we drop you off at the hotel we will stop at Wat Rong Suea Ten (Temple of the dancing tiger, literally), also known as the Blue Temple. It is of stunning beauty.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout this tour; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.