The Highlights of Bustling Shanghai
It is no surprise that Shanghai’s place in China is one of immense power and multicultural allure: regaining its status as the country’s financial capital, numerous pockets of culture and history fill that gap between the modern and the traditional.
• Explore the hidden corners of former French Concession
• Wander over The Bund, Shanghai’s renowned boulevard
• Meander the streets of the Old Bazaar
• Watch how modern and old Shanghai merge
• Lunch is included at a local restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Jade Buddha Temple
- Entry/Admission - Yu Garden (Yuyuan)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jade Buddha Temple, 170 An Yuan Road, Shanghai China
Your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in downtown Shanghai early in the morning. Depending on the location of your accommodation, we commonly try to head over first to the French Concession. The former foreign concession in Shanghai from 1849 until 1943, this area remained the premier residential and retail district of Shanghai and was also the centre of Catholicism in Shanghai. Next, we head over to the Jade Buddha Temple; with its Song Dynasty-style grounds, the temple houses two priceless white jade Buddha brought from Burma in the 1870s.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zhongshan Road Walking Street, Siming District, Xiamen 361001 China
The Bund’s importance for the city also has made it one of its unofficial tourism and trading centre of Shanghai Also called Zhongshan Road, it is Shanghai’s iconic waterfront and regarded as the symbol of the city for already hundreds of years. The unique shape of the Oriental Pearl TV Tower is visible on the opposite side as well as one of the tallest buildings in China, the Shanghai World Financial Centre.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yu Garden (Yuyuan), No.218 Anren Street, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200010 China
Before we move on, we serve lunch at a local restaurant where you will get a taste of local cuisine in an authentic setting. After lunch, it is time to head into the fully-restored garden of Yuyuan, inaugurated in the Ming dynasty and has a total area of 20,000 square meters. Although the Garden occupies less than five acres, demonstrates perfectly the sophisticated art of combining several different elements to create a world in miniature.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Old Town, Shanghai
The nearby Old Bazaar has established itself as a leading centre for local commerce where visitors loitering among a cluster of shops, restaurants and recreation facilities.
It is without a doubt that, after you’ve safely returned to your hotel, you will see this exciting multicultural metropolis as a blend of the modern and the traditional.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available for customers staying in and inside the Puxi side. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District (i.e. Pudong), Suzhou, Chongming, cruise terminal and Shanghai’s International Airport are excluded.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside the Puxi side. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District (i.e. Pudong), Suzhou, Chongming, cruise terminal and Shanghai’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Most travelers can participate
- Customers are advised that during the Lunar Festival celebrations (celebration of Chinese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal.
- We regret to inform you that most of the museums in China are closed all day on Mondays; wherever possible, we will try to offer alternative visits for touring options on this day.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion
- We always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.