The Hermitage Private Tour: Romanoff's Jewels with a Curator and Faberge Halls
Admire unbelievable treasuries of the UNESCO-listed Faberge Halls in the Hermitage State Museum. Take a tour of the Hermitage Romanoff's Jewels with a Hermitage Curator! The Romanoff's Jewels is the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's finest jewellery. It showcases masterpieces of Russian and European jewellery art from the Romanov and private family collections, as well as pieces of church art, diplomatic gifts made by the most prominent jewellers of the time and works by Fabergé. The Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, these collections are therefore really worth seeing. After the tour continue exploring the other exhibitions in the museum independently, as your ticket includes all-day admission.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide (only in Hermitage Museum and Romanoff's Jewels)
- Local guide (only in Hermitage Museum and Romanoff's Jewels)
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
For this 3-hour tour, meet your guide at the main entrance of the Hermitage.
Follow your guide over to the unique Faberge Halls of the Hermitage. In the halls, you can catch a glimpse of the egg of Rothschild, a work of Faberge Factory in 1902. The halls haven't been open very long, so it's an exciting experience to make your way through them.
Next up is Romanoff's Jewels, the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's finest jewelry. St. Petersburg used to be the capital of the Russian Empire and the Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, and as a result this collection is really worth seeing.
Your small-group tour of the Romanoff's Jewels will take place with a curator, who actually curates the room. All of the curators at the museum have a Ph.D. in art history, are real connoisseurs of art. They are also extremely enthusiastic about their collection. You will have one hour and 15 minutes to look at the unique jewelry.
After your extraordinary Romanoff's Jewels tour, you will have the opportunity to see the other exhibitions. The museum's collections, of which only a small part are on permanent display, comprise over three million items, including one of the largest collections of paintings in the world.
There is also a cafe inside the museum, where you can take a break for lunch if you wish (own expense). Your tour includes an all-day entrance ticket, so you can stay at this marvellous museum as long as you want during opening hours.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :State Hermitage Museum, Palace Square, 2, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 190000
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment US $100 for blanket visa and round trip private transfer from the cruise ship to tour attractions and back to the cruise ship (US $100 for all the travellers, not per person). Minimum 2 travellers required. Details needed for a blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.