The heritage of the Russian Army Private Tour
Interested in military, can stare at old weapons and uniforms for hours? Then this tour is for you. Come and see the world known S300 land to air missile, the legendary T34 tank and tens of modifications of Kalashnikov. Or enjoy the very first mortars dating back even to the beginning of 17th century. Then take the drive to “Immortal Suvorov’s” museum to learn more about the the army that crossed the Alps and defeated the French army.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Assistance of an English-speaking local guide
- Transportation by air conditioned comfortable vehicle.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Military Historical Artillery Museum
- Entry/Admission - A.V. Suvorov State Memorial Museum
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Military Historical Artillery Museum, Aleksandrovskiy Park, 7 metro: Gorkovskaya, St. Petersburg 197046 Russia
The official date of Historical Museum of Artillery foundation is August 29, 1703, when by Peter the Great’s decree a special Zeughaus was built on the territory of the Peter-and-Paul fortress for the purpose of storing and preserving old guns and cannons Both Russian and captured guns and cannons that were considered to have historical value were sent to this arsenal "for remembrance and future glory."
Real museum life started for the collection in 1868, when a part of the building of Arsenal (Kronwerk) was provided for placing military-historical monuments. A part of the internal court was given for heavy cannons. The collection was first called a “Hall of Memorable Things of the Main Artillery Administration”, and then the Artillery Museum. Since 1903 it has been called the Historical Museum of Artillery.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: A.V. Suvorov State Memorial Museum, Kirochnaya St., 43, St. Petersburg 191015 Russia
Then take the comfortable drive to Suvorov’s Memorial Museum, which is devoted to one of the greatest commanders of the World. His brilliant victories in the second half of the 18th century, not only gave territories and prestige to Russia and her European allies of that time, but also brought about glorious military traditions in Russia. The museum was built by Emperor Nicholas II's decree of 1899 under the direct patronage of the Emperor and opened in the presence of His Majesty in 1904.
In front of the stained-glass window, framed by the guns, there is an eminence with show-windows showing his awards, letters and a hand arm of the commander. In the niches behind the central show-window of the hall there is a reconstruction of the room of the house in Konchanskye village where Suvorov was kept under banishment, and a composition of the items of the house in Glaris and "Suvorov's room" in St. Joseph's monastery in Mutten valley where Suvorov stopped during the Swiss campaign. Other niches and show-windows of the hall expose trophies of the Russian army, and the walls are decorated by the Russian and trophy Turkish banners.
Here you can also find personal belongings of Suvorov like his sword and saber, the telescope, the royal decree of 1786 giving the rank of the chief General (General en chef) and another decree entitling him the graff of Rymninsky and the graff of Holy Roman Impire. Also all his orders are on exhibition.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure and return point: your Saint Petersburg hotel
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- The commentary in German and French is also available if specified while booking. Italian & Spanish commentary available for extra charge 20 euro per person, if specified while booking and is paid upon arrival directly to the guide.
- Most travelers can participate
- Departure Time: any time till 2 p.m.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.