The Heritage of Cheung Chau
This is an outlying island particularly notable for its unique history, culture and tradition and its fresh seafood.
Many of the 263 islands off the mainland are less than an hour’s travel from town, but the locals live very different lives than those in the city.
Start as public transport takes you to Pier for the ferry to Cheung Chau. Visit the 16th century Pak Tai Temple, dedicated to the Taoist God Pak Tai, here.
Trek to Tung Wan Beach, a hot spot for swimmers and windsurfers. It protects 3,000 year old rock carvings. Go to the 17th century Tin Hau Temple, which has local fisherman worshipping the Goddess of the Sea.
A visit to Cheung Po Tsai Cave, a hideout of a local pirate, is also included.
A seafood lunch will be provided (please advise if there are any dietary requirement at the time of booking).
Visit the picturesque harbour area, always filled with activity, including fishing vessels, trawlers, junks and sampans
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Tour with Public Transport
- Return transfers from/to your hotel in Kowloon and Hong Kong Island North
- Drinking Water
- Delicious Seafood Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Cheung Chau Island
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cheung Chau Island, Southwest of Hongkong Island, Hong Kong China
Cheung Chau is an island 10 kilometres southwest of Hong Kong Island. It is nicknamed the 'dumbbell island' due to its shape. It has been inhabited for longer than most other places in the territory of Hong Kong, and had a population of 22,740 as of 2011.
Duration: 6 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all Kowloon and Hong Kong Island north hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates Daily except Weekends and Public Holidays
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Should your travel plans change, do not worry. I Asia Hong Kong will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free of charge
- There is a foreign language Supplement for tours in French, German, Spanish, etc. Enquiries can be made at time of booking.
- Minimium 2 Adults required for this tour to operate
- Tour has been specifically designed to provide a more personalised service as maximum number of people in booking is 10
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.