The Great Wall at Badaling and Ming Tombs
The Badaling section of the Great Wall is one of the best-preserved among all the other parts. Steep paths leading up and down the wall offer spectacular views over vast China. Combined with visiting the Ming Tombs, an unforgettable day awaits.
• Look over the vastness of China atop the Great Wall
• Learn about the stories and sagas surrounding this defence
• Explore the final resting place of emperors
• A great day away from hectic Beijing
• Lunch is included at a local restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Return cable cart to the top of the Great Wall
- Lunch at a local restaurant (food only)
- Entry/Admission - The Great Wall at Badaling
- Entry/Admission - Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in Beijing
- Supplements for transfers outside Beijing city centre; this includes any cruise port as well as the airport.
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Great Wall at Badaling, Badaling, Yanqing District, Beijing 102112 China
We depart in the early morning for 70-kilometre ride northwest of the Chinese capital; en route, your guide will tell you the finer details of this part of the Great Wall. Its location and preservation efforts have made the Badaling part as one of the most representative parts of this national heritage and one of the Wonders of the World since 2007. Built during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), this section with an average altitude of over 1,000 meters (3,282 feet) is the outpost of the Juyongguan Pass. The mountain slope is very steep, and the roads are tortuous. These features made it a military stronghold as the wall construction is compared with a strong dragon winding its way along with the mountain ranges.
When descending from these fortified walls and towers, we head to a local restaurant for a simple, yet delicious lunch before we move on.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling), Ming Shisan Ling Area, Changling Town, Changping District, Beijing 102213 China
We head back in the direction of Beijing but will make an interesting stop at the much-revered Ming Tombs. Situated around 50 kilometres northwest of Beijing at the foot of the Tianshou Mountains, this is the final resting place of 13 of the 16 Ming Dynasty emperors. The grandeur of these tombs is a one-of-a-kind reminder of the importance during these times, and its detailed work that once decorated the tombs. Only two tombs out of the 13 remain open for visitors. A particular part of the Ming Tombs is the Sacred Way: this path runs for about a kilometre and is flanked on both sides by carvings of human and animal figures and dates back to the 10th year of the right of Emperor Xuan De.
It is time to head back to Beijing and your hotel. Depending on traffic conditions, replacing dynasty magnificence for the hustle and bustle of the Chinese capital is expected to pop up on the horizon at approximately 6 pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available for customers staying in and inside downtown Beijing. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District and both Beijing’s International Airports are excluded.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside downtown Beijing. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District and both Beijing’s International Airports are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are advised that during the Lunar Festival celebrations (celebration of Chinese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal.
- We regret to inform you that most of the museums in China are closed all day on Mondays; wherever possible, we will try to offer alternative visits for touring options on this day.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs. When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.