The Grandeur of UNESCO’s inscribed Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya, Thailand’s former capital, has been designated a stunning piece of Thai heritage and every visitor will fully agree that this cannot be skipped on your Thailand visit. The famed temple ruins and more are just a short ride away from Bangkok.
• The former capital of the ancient Siam Kingdom explored;
• See some of Ayutthaya’s most amazing temple ruins;
• Wander around and admire the quirks of the various styles of Bang-Pa-In Summer Palace;
• Enjoy a boat trip over the Chao Phraya River
• Lunch is included at a local Thai restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All taxes and service fees included
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Vihara Phra Mongkhon Bophit
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phra Sri Sanphet
- Entry/Admission - Wat Yai Chai Mang Khon
- Entry/Admission - Bang Pa In Palace
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vihara Phra Mongkhon Bophit, Pratuchai Subdistrict, Ayutthaya 13000 Thailand
We will leave Bangkok with your own guide and driver at around 8:30 am and head in northern direction towards Ayutthaya. Located 90 kilometres north of Bangkok, the province is rich in ruins of once magnificent palaces and temples. Upon arrival in Ayutthaya, we will visit the most prominent sites as we simply do not have sufficient time to see all of what Ayutthaya has to offer. One of the magnets that draw visitors from around the world is the Wat Mongkol Borpith and the colossal bronze statues.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Phra Sri Sanphet, Pratuchai Subdistrict, Ayutthaya 13000 Thailand
Following this visit, we head to the Wat Phra Sri Sanpetch. When King Borom Trai Lokkanat commanded new living quarters built this residential palace was given to be a temple area, thus originating Wat Phra Sri Sanphet: the royal chapel is currently without inhabitants but the impressive site is definitely worth the stop.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Yai Chai Mang Khon, U-thong Road, Pranakorn Sri ayutthaya District, Ayutthaya 13000 Thailand
Wat Yai Chai Mongkol is yet another example which we include on this day that resembles just a tiny bit of the grandeur of ancient Siam. Your guide will explain in detail the importance of this temple. Before we continue our tour, lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bang Pa In Palace, Ban Len Ban Len, Bang Pa-in 13160 Thailand
After exploring the ancient temple ruins and having enjoyed a delicious lunch, we board a local boat and sail downstream to the former Royal Summer Residence, called Bang-Pa-In, the summer residence of the early Chakri Kings. One the most adored kings of the Rama Dynasty - King Rama V - spent a great deal of time here and built a collection of objects d’art. The Royal Summer Palace consists of buildings in Gothic, Renaissance, Chinese and Thai architecture. King Prasad Thong originally built the royal palace as a temple, and later monarchs added their own palaces according to their preference.
Our day comes to an end when we follow the same road as we came back into Bangkok. We expect to arrive at around 6 pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on private basis only.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- Most travelers can participate
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. • Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.