The Fort of Victory: Fatehpur Sikri
This 5-hour private tour is specially designed to allow you to witness the grandeur of early modern forts and palaces. A private English speaking guide will take you through Fatehpur Sikri which was the former Mughal fort and imperial residence of Emperor Akbar. It happens to be one of the best preserved Mughal structures today. This extraordinary tour of the monument includes a fully air-conditioned private vehicle and complimentary mineral water.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Camera Fees
- This tour is designed to witness the grandeur of early modern forts and palaces. The word Fatehpur comes from the Persian word 'Fateh' which literally translates into 'Victory'. The monument is a UNESCO world heritage site and an example of one of the best preserved Mughal structures. It was built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar in the 16th century and served as his home in the Mughal capital city of Agra. The Fort was decorated with grand courts, palaces, mosques and gardens that rivalled the splendours of Delhi. However, destiny had other things in store for the city. Shortage of water and unrest in the north-west made Akbar abandon the city only 13 years later. Today, even after the passage of 400 years, the magnificence of this royal city has not faded and remains immaculately preserved.
Departure Point :Guest's Hotel from within city boundary
Departure Time :Earliest Start Time: 9:00 AM Latest Start Time: 1:00 PM
Return Detail :Guest's Hotel from within city boundary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.