The Essential Central Park Walking Tour
A Walk In The Park/ Central Park Walking Tour
Discover the legends and lore of iconic Central Park – the sprawling masterpiece of American landscape brought to life by it’s visionaries in 1857.
Join us for “A Walk In The Park” as your costumed tour guide unearths the saga of America’s first landscaped public park with intriguing tales of yesteryear. As a character from another era, your guide will introduce you to Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, the creators of this urban treasure. Marvel at the architecture of Bethesda Terrace, be captivated by the poetic Shakespeare’s Statue, and lose yourself in the serenity of The Ramble on this 2.5-hour comprehensive tour.
At the designated Ramble Point you will have the opportunity to leave the tour, visit the MET or just explore around at your own pace, enjoy the activities happening, grab a snack, or relax over coffee before rejoining a later group (about 2-hour interval).
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Costumed Professional Tour Guide
- More than 50 Points of Interest
- Audio Headset-Optimize the walking & hearing experiences
- 1 Ramble Point
- Century 21 Gift Card (value $5 or more)
What's excluded :
- Attraction tickets
- Entry/Admission - The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Entry/Admission - American Museum of Natural History
- Entry/Admission - Central Park Zoo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 59th to 110th Street Manhattan Borough, from Central Park West to 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10022
Your 2 costumed guides will introduce you to Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, the creators of this urban masterpiece. Marvel at the architecture of Bethesda Terrace and lose yourself in the serenity of The Ramble on this 2.5-hour comprehensive tour.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10028-0198
Option to "Ramble Off" at the designated location to explore the Met or Guggenheim Museums and the area in-depth. The next group will pass by in 2 hours when you can jump back in and finish the 2nd leg of the tour. (You can always choose to continue without leaving the tour. This is not mandatory.)
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: American Museum of Natural History, 79th Street Central Park West, New York City, NY 10024
Your tour ends across the street from American Museum of Natural History, on 78th St. and Central Park West.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Central Park Zoo, 830 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10065-7001
As one of the five zoos of New York, Central Park Zoo was evolved from gifts of exotic pets and other animals informally given to the park. First officially founded as a zoo in 1934. Stop to enjoy a few minutes of the sea lions here. Their cheerful jumps will definitely lighten up your day.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Central Park, Central Park, New York City, New York
The sprawling masterpiece of American landscape designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, brought to life by it’s visionaries in 1857. The Oasis in the middle of such a hectic city, Central Park, in Olmsted's words was "of great importance as the first real Park made in this country—a democratic development of the highest significance..." .
Departure Point :2 W 77th St, New York, NY 10024, USA
Return Detail :Pulitzer Fountain, 764 Central Park S, New York, NY 10019, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 23 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.