The Erma River Gorge, Giginski Monastery and The Rock Church "Sveta Petka"
One day private sightseeing tour (about hour and a half) from Sofia to The Erma River Gorge, Giginski Monastery and The Rock Church "Sveta Petka" near the Serbian border by car
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel/accommodation
- Services of a professionally qualified tour guide
- Fuel and parking expenses
What's excluded :
- Any personal expenses
- We will pick you up from your accommodation in Sofia. We will travel about an hour and a half west to the border with Serbia. On the way we will visit the rock church "St. Petka".
The Medieval Rock Church of St. Petka is located 2 km from the town of Tran. According to the legend, St. Petka lived in the cave above the town of Tran after a cruel persecution for her Christian fate. Later the cave was turned into a chapel.
We will continue to the gorge of the Erma River - a canyon gorge. The whole length of the gorge is about 2.8 km and its altitude is about 650 m. With the car will reach the beginning of an eco path that we will walk on. On the way we will see scenic views. We'll walk through wooden bridges, narrow paths and tunnels. The whole walk will take 1-2 hours, depending on the group's desire. We will have lunch in a cozy tavern near the river.
In the afternoon on the way back to Sofia, we will visit the Giginski monastery "St. St. Kozma and Damian". He is also known as Chernogorski monastery.
The monastery has a rich history dating back to the 11-12 century. Despite the destructions over the years, in 1976 Giginski monastery has declared a monument of culture. It is now completely upgraded and expanded. There is a small church, shop, dining room and rooms for the monks in the courtyard of the monastery. From the shop you can buy goods produced in the monastery.
After that we will set back to Sofia and your accommodation.
Departure Point :Vasil Levski Stadium, 1164 Borisova Gradina, Sofia, Bulgaria
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up the travelers from their accomodation as well
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.