The Communist Daytrip around Tirana
This is a great way to learn more about recent and actual history of Tirana. The tour will bring you to fascist and communist public and secret corners of Tirana, to the recently opened Bunk'Art and to some corners of the city center of Tirana that you would not think of visiting on your own. This is a tour of locals, made and guided by locals and will make you feel and understand the tragic and comic side of life in one of the most isolated capitals in the World during approximately 44 years. Life's been hard and sweet under Communism and we'll have great ways to illustrate all that by always telling the truth. Apart from history and art we will also make sure you taste a bit of the local cuisine and products for which Tirana is building up quite a reputation. Our good thing is that we try to involve and get into conversation with locals regarding the past and the present Albania and you will see that this will be enriching your travel experience quite importantly.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver/guide in English and another optional language eventually
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- We'll meet at your hotel at 09h30 and we' first go for a walk of about 3 hours around the city center of Tirana. Our visits will include the Gallery of Arts, the Martyrs of the Nation Boulevard, the Block and Enver Hoxha's villa (from the outside for the moment), bunkers and art relating to Albania's worst historical periods during the 20th century.
We'll eventually continue the tour with a visit of our Villa with Star and our Communist Memorabilia Collection. We'll be good at offering our very own home made raki and some of the jam our Moms prepared recently as from our best tradition.
At around 13h we'll take a little lunch break in either your favorite or interesting part of the downtown or in the one or two places we'll recommend. Please note we'll be trying to consider this as a culinary experience tour too and if you will allow us to choose for you we'll make sure not to bring you to expensive places but to memorable ones.
After the lunch we'll pick up a car (depending on the size of the group) and we'll go around Tirana surroundings and neighborhoods to see what remains from Communist architecture, lifestyle and again meet more people and see their opinions about what happened.
We'll drive you back to your hotel at around 16h.
Departure Point :Tirana, Tirana, Tirana County
Traveler pickup is offered
Either start from our Villa with a StarEither start from our Kalaja e Tiranes selling point at Rruga Murat ToptaniAirports
- Rinas Airport, Tirana Albania
- Durres Port, Rruga Pavaresia 66, Durrës, Albania
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.