The Circuit around Korita Biking Tour
Kuči is the name for the area and the tribe, one of the mountain tribes that formed the state of Montenegro in the 19th century. In the past, the inhabitants of these areas were mainly engaged in cattle breeding and living a semi-nomad lifestyle, so it is very interesting to visit this area and hear about the customs and history of this mountain tribe. It is located at a distance of Podgorica, about 30 km.
The first landmark in this area is the monument to Novak Milošev. Novak Milošev Vujadinović (1835-1892) is a great Montenegrin hero, who especially distinguished himself in the battle of Fundina on August 2, 1876.
Further on, there is the most significant fortress – the Old Town of Medun (Meteon), which is located at the 13th kilometre northeast of Podgorica and dates from the ancient period.
At the foot of the walls of this city and fort, lived our famous literate, military leader, tribal leader, Montenegrin Duke and hero Marko Miljanov (1833-1901).
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bicycles, helmets and gloves
- Drive by car, minivan, van or minibus from place of accommodation to the starting point of the tour
- Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus from the end point of the tour to the place of accommodation
- Tourist guide for biking (English and Russian language)
- Tourist taxes,Travel Insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance – optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Podgorica, Montenegro
Trip facts: track length: 66 km, max. altitude: 1355 m, weight: medium to heavy, ground: asphalt - land - macadam, duration: at a slow rhythm of 6-7 hours depending on readiness and breaks, availability: March - December each year - depending on weather conditions.
The starting point of this tour is Podgorica. We ride the easy ascent of General Savo Orović.
We continue our drive below the viewpoint, near two monuments, from where it is a magnificent view of the Capital, and when the weather permits, Skadar Lake and the coastal mountains, too. Continuation of the drive below the Old Town of Medun and the Marko Miljanov Museum.
A visit to the museum where you will get interesting information about exhibits by audio guide – optional.
Slight ascent, climbing, driving through villages: Ubli (near the Church of St. John from the Middle Ages and the Church of St. Spasoje from the 19th century, this village is recognized for its vines, figs, pomegranate, cherries) and Orahovo (near Church of St. Dimitrije). After a series of serpentines and thirty kilometres passed, the conifer forest leads through the Kučka korita which name indicates a ”windy plateau”. A winding path leads us through the Zatrijebač region, from where the view of Lake Skadar opens again and again. The specialty of the villages in this area are the farms and fields surrounded by low stone walls.
In the village of Delaj, along the road that stretches along the edge of the Cijevna Canyon, you will see an impressive 10 m high cross, built in 2010 with donations from believers. From there, there is a spectacular view of the canyon and emerald Cijevna River that flows 700 meters below.
We continue our drive through the village of Stjepovo, then the village of Rudine, passing by the church of St. Nicholas, after which a long drive downhill is interrupted by several kilometers of ascent, which again offers a magnificent view of the Prokletije massif in the east, Podgorica in the west, and Skadar Lake reappears in sight. We then descend to Fundina, whose name has the meaning ”spring”. At the area about 2 square km, 76 springs appear.
After a beautiful tour with a series of photo breaks we continue our ride towards Podgorica.
The end of the tour.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat.We pick up from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/17/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Conditions: Good physical and mental health
- Need to bring: Water, Food
- Equipment clothing: Waterproof clothes, Additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions, Firmly shoes
- Recommendation: Take a sweet, energy drink, sun protection.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Availability: March - December each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.