The Cape Coast Tour
This is a tour that will excite adventure lovers and show them a different side of the country. It will expose travelers to the natural environment and its occupants and most importantly, it will be a very
fun trip touring communities and experiencing their culture and beliefs.
per adult from
11 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local transportation
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Entry/Admission - Cape Coast Castle
- Entry/Admission - Elmina Castle
- Entry/Admission - Kakum National Park
What's excluded :
- Visa Fees
- Flight tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cape Coast Castle, Cape Coast Ghana
Cape Coast Castle is one of the largest of the castles built by European powers in today Ghana. It began as a trade lodge constructed by the Portuguese in 1555 on a part of the Gold Coast, which later became known as the Cape Coast. In 1653, following Sweden’s conquest of the Cape Coast, the Swedish Africa Company constructed a permanent wooden fortress for trade in timber and gold.
It is open to the public and is currently a historical museum with Ghanaian arts and crafts gift shop, and it is the regional headquarters of Ghana Museums and Monuments Board.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Elmina Castle, Elmina Ghana
Elmina Castle was established by Portuguese in 1482 as São Jorge da Mina (St. George of the Mine) in Elmina, Ghana (formerly the Gold Coast). Elmina and Elmina Castle was the first trading post built on the Gulf of Guinea, so is the oldest European building in existence below the Sahara. It was first established as a trade settlement but later became one of the most important stops on the route of the Atlantic slave trade.
Today Elmina Castle is a popular historical site, and was a major filming location for Werner Herzog's 1987 drama film "Cobra Verde". It is an extremely popular destination for African American tourists seeking to connect with their heritage and a powerful reminder of the history of the slave trade.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kakum National Park, Cape Coast Ghana
The Park is made up of mostly undisturbed virgin rainforest and is one of the famous national parks in Ghana. It protects plant and animal treasures of the African tropical forest. Trails provide self-guided day hiking opportunities where you may sight some of the over 200 bird species represented: the parrot, bee-eaters, blue plantain-eaters, hornbills, and kingfishers. The dense vegetation provides cover for globally endangered species such as the forest elephant and bongo - the largest forest antelope, as well as various types of monkeys.
The Canopy Walkway, suspended 30 meters above the ground, provides a treetop view of the beautiful forest.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from agreed pick up location
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/12/2019 - 1/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- 1. We have temporarily banned hugs and handshakes throughout tourists' stay in Ghana. 2. All meals will be eaten at a neat restaurant where social distancing is applicable. 3. We pay serious attention to social distancing and avoid crowded space.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.