The best of Gondar city Walking tour
The history of the city of Gondar dates back to the 16th century.
It was once the capital of Ethiopia and the residence of Emperor Fasilid and his descendants. Do you know how many castles, churches and bridges were built during the rule of the Fasilides dynasty? The city's main imperial area, known as the Royal Enclosure, is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. What is the story of these royal palaces and emperors? What makes the Emperor Fasilid's Palace so special? We will visit the most beautiful church in Ethiopia, Debre Berhan Sellassie. The interior of the church is adorned with impressive murals, cherubs and paintings. What makes this church so valuable? A local charismatic guide will reveal the secrets and interesting facts about the city of Gondar.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fasil Ghebbi, Gonder Ethiopia
Fasil Ghebbi, Debre Berhan Selassie Church, Fasiladas Bath Timket, Gondar Market
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Gondar, Ethiopia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.