The Best of Ephesus Tour
The Best of Ephesus Tour is showcasing the religious history of Ancient Turkey,
You can visit the highlights of the Ephesus in a single day
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottle of water
- Parking Fees
- Full Insurance For The Duration Of The Tour.
- Round Trip Transfer In Luxurious Vehicles.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses.
- Entrance Fees.
- The Best of Ephesus Tour
You will start your day with a pleasant drive through the countryside to visit the ruins of the city of
Ephesus, which dates predominantly from the later Roman period.
The stunning ruins here include the towering façade of the
Celsus Library and Hadrian's Temple, as well as the Sacred Way, which was one of the main thoroughfares used by the Ancient Romans.
Terrace Houses located opposite Hadrian's Temple, a newly excavated section. The wealthy and important people of Ephesus used these houses, which are finely decorated with mosaics and frescoes giving a true impression of the ancient lifestyle. Those on the upper slopes are reached via steps and situated on the slopes of Bulbul Mountain with the roof of one house forming the terrace of the one above it. Continuing from the library to the end of the marble street, you can look up at Ephesus' impressive amphitheater, where St Paul preached to the Ephesians.
You will drive towards town of Seljuk. Here you will visit the ruins of the
Basilica of St John.
The Basilica had a cruciform plan with four domes along its longitudinal axis and a pair flanking the central dome to form the arm of the cross. The tomb of St John was placed under the central dome. Next, visit Mt Pagus—a setting that is a shrine to some and a curiosity to others. It is reputedly the
home of Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ.
Archaeological evidence shows that the little house here dates from the 6th century AD but that its foundations are from the 1st century AD. This ties in with the commonly held belief that Mary moved to Turkey.
Lunch is recommended at a local restaurant . Before returning to Kusadasi to enjoy a
carpet demonstration and some time for shopping.
Please note: It takes approximately two hours to walk through the ruins, the pace is slow and over uneven surfaces. Wear comfortable walking shoes; bring sunscreen.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport, Dokuz Eylül, 35410 Gaziemir/İzmir, Turkey
- Ege Ports, Camikebir, Liman Cd. No:10, 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.