The Art and Architecture of Beijing
The 21st century brought a new wave of art and architecture in Beijing, making it one of the prominent capitals for design and contemporary arts. From the intricate designs of Olympic venues to 798 District, this is a day for art and design aficionados.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Olympic Park
- Entry/Admission - Beijing National Aquatics Center
- Entry/Admission - 798 Art Zone
- Entry/Admission - National Grand Theatre
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in Beijing
- Supplements for transfers outside Beijing city centre; this includes any cruise port as well as the airport.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Olympic Park, North of Beisihuanzhong road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101 China
Your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in downtown Beijing and will first head out to the Olympic Green, the centre of the 2008 Summer Olympics, where two of the most prominent sporting venues were specially erected. The $423 million main stadium is the world's largest steel structure which can hold up to 80,000 spectators. The design, which originated from the study of Chinese ceramics gives the stadium the appearance of a "Bird's Nest", due to the seemingly random, nest-like steel structure that forms its outer shell.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Beijing National Aquatics Center, 11 Tian Chen Dong Lu, Chaoyang Qu, China
Nearby, The National Aquatics Centre, better known as the Water Cube, is just opposite the Birds Nest. The building was designed to resemble a box of bubbles, symbolizing water and the aquatic activities taking place inside and brightens up the city at night when a carefully choreographed light show turns the Water Cube into a visual spectacle.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: 798 Art Zone, No.4 Jiuxianqiao Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100015 China
After lunch at a local restaurant, we drive to a former factory complex just outside of the centre. Previously a major manufacturing plant for electronics, by the start of the 21st century, artists from all corners of China saw the potential to bring new life to these factory halls and reshaped it as it now known as 798 Art District. The building is now home to dozens of art galleries in a historically interesting location.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Grand Theatre, 301 Sheng Dao, Jiuzhaigou Xian, Aba Zangzuqiangzuzizhizhou, Sichuan Sheng, China
The curved building, nicknamed "The Egg" because of its shape that is the National Grand Theatre shows visitors that architecture has continuously developed the city. The building is situated in the heart of Beijing right next to the Great Hall of the People and Tiananmen Square. How Beijing has grown to its current size is best viewed at the Beijing City Planning Exhibition Hall, dedicated to how urban planning has shaped the capital and what the future will hold. The exhibition includes the city’s economic planning while keeping an eye out on the environmental impacts.
After this last visit, we head back your hotel where you will arrive at approximately 5 pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available for customers staying in and inside downtown Beijing. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District and both Beijing’s International Airports are excluded.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside downtown Beijing. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District and both Beijing’s International Airports are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Customers are advised that during the Lunar Festival celebrations (celebration of Chinese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal
- We regret to inform you that most of the museums in China are closed all day on Mondays; wherever possible, we will try to offer alternative visits for touring options on this day.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations.
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs.
- When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is only operated in the afternoon.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.