The 7 Villages of Apokoronas Tour – Explore East Chania Mainland
A unique tour through traditional Cretan villages. The nature landscape and the culture signs will take your breath away...This is a tour of the unique area of Apokoronas, the East province of Chania region. The purpose of this tour is to introduce the visitors of this island to the pure side of the Cretan mainland. Tour around the villages, meet the locals, taste the delicious local products and learn everything about Crete’s history, culture and traditions.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Cheese tasting
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Historical & Folklore Museum of Gavalochori
- Entry/Admission - Peroulakis Distillery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historical & Folklore Museum of Gavalochori, The Old Square, Gavalochori, Apokoronas, Crete 730 07 Greece
The museum with the 7 rooms, revealing everything about history, handcrafts and the everyday life of the people in the previous centuries.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Peroulakis Distillery, Xirosterni 730 08, Greece
Discover the secrets of the Cretan spirit “Tsikoudia”/”Raki”
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Emprosneros 730 07, Greece
You are visiting a cheese factory in order to taste the local “Graviera” “Mizithra” or “Anthotiros” cheese varieties. You will also taste some olive oil on warm bread, cookies and Cretan biscuits in the local bakery.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Fres, Fres, Apokoronas, Chania Prefecture, Crete
You will enjoy lunch in a traditional “kafeneio” in Fres village.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Ksenios Dias, Nea Kidonia 731 00, Greece
2: Sunny Rent a Car, Selinou 104, Chania 731 31, Greece
3: Talos Square, Theotokopoulou 63, Chania 731 31, Greece
4: GS Tours Chania, Episkopou Chrisanthou 37, Chania 731 32, Greece
5: Kriti Hotel, Nikiforou Foka 10, Str 731 00, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Hotel pick up - drop off is only for Chania region, Not Rethimnon, Heraklion and Lasithi. If someone staying in the other regions of Crete and wants to participate in this tour has to drive with his own car or bus to meet us in Chania city center and start the tour
- Please check the pick up areas before you book this tour.
- The departure times depends on the hotel's location. Please note that a pick up can be from 08:45 am until 09:30 am.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.