Teuchitlán Heritage, Pyramids and Lagoon Small-Group Trip from GDL
Getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a full-day unique, cultural, and gastronomical experience hosted by a local expert. Travel from Guadalajara to the town of Teuchitlan, Jalisco. The place belongs to the Tequila route and is considered a world heritage site by UNESCO since 2006. You will appreciate the most important archaeological site in the region and learn all about the first civilizations (pre-Hispanic tribes) of Jalisco. After touring the pyramids you will visit an Obsidian mine, a volcanic stone of ancestral origin that was used by the natives to make tools, arrowheads, spears, knives, and ornaments. Then we will visit the Teuchitlan lagoon also known as Presa de la Vega, there you can enjoy lunch with the delicious local cuisine in one of the traditional restaurants with an incredible front view of the lagoon. This experience is dedicated to anyone looking for something authentic, immersive, and personalized. Just enjoy, everything is included.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water - Purified and Mineral water
- Lunch - Full lunch in a Traditional Restaurant
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer & Tequila
- Snacks - Several Mexican Snacks
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Centro Interpretativo Guachimontones Phil Weigand / Sitio arqueológico Guachimontones
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Teuchitlan, Teuchitlan
Travel from Guadalajara to the town of Teuchitlan, Jalisco. You will appreciate the most representative archaeological site in the state. Tour an obsidian mine in the Tequila Volcano region and then enjoy a delicious regional lunch at De La Vega lagoon. A full-day cultural, historical and gastronomical experience in the company of a local expert.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Centro Interpretativo Guachimontones Phil Weigand / Sitio arqueológico Guachimontones, Camino a Guachimontones, s/n, 46760 Teuchitlán, Jal., Mexico
The Guachimontones Interpretive Center and its Archaeological Zone are located 60 kilometers from the city of Guadalajara in the municipality of Teuchitlán (Jalisco Valles Region).
From entering the area, we can appreciate the history of the site. In the area of the Museum, we observe the mural of Jorge Monroy, as well as various pieces, models and explanatory maps of the place.
500 meters from the Museum are the main structures of the archeological zone, such as tombs, ball games and the famous circular buildings of this culture that paid tribute to the Wind God.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: La Vega, Jalisco, Mexico
De la Vega dam forms a small lagoon that is located right next to the town of Teuchitlan, Jalisco. Fishing is practiced in the area, therefore regional dishes are primarily seafood. You will enjoy lunch (included) in a traditional restaurant on the edge of the lagoon where you can appreciate the beautiful view.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hacienda Labor de Rivera, El Porvenir, Ameca, Jal., Mexico
Explore a 16th-century Viceregal hacienda considered the architectural heritage of Jalisco. Today it is a boutique hotel with a lake, horse stables, and restaurant. They offer horseback riding, hiking and romantic picnics for couples
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We comply with all the requirements established by the local government
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.