Temple of Poseidon
After a tour around Athenian riviera, you will enjoy the breathtaking view of the temple of Poseidon. Sunset is the ideal time to be there!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees for archaeological sites
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
The Temple of Poseidon, dedicated to the ancient Greek god of the sea, that was built between 444 and 440 B.C., constitutes another major monument of the Golden Age of Perikles. The doric temple seen today, built of local marble from the Agrileza quarries on top of a destroyed archaic temple, is standing almost 60 metres above the sea level. Chiseled into the base of one of the sixteen remaining columns of the Temple of Poseidon is the name of Lord Byron, who mentions Sounion in one of his poems.The temple closely resembles the Temple of Hephaestus which may have been designed by the same architect.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
Lake Vouliagmeni is a beautiful natural lake, where fresh spring water meets with warm seawater. As a result, there is warm water all the year, so the temperature never drops below 18 °C. Because of its constant warm water temperature and its rich content in hydrogen sulphide, the lake functions as a spa since the end of the 19th century.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in AthensAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.