Temple Of Jupiter In Alangudi From Trichy
According to Hindu mythology there are nine celestial bodies of the zodiac - the Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu. There are a set of nine temples in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, each dedicated to one of these nine bodies. According to Hindu beliefs, these celestial bodies have a beneficial or malefic influence on an individual’s horoscope as they move through their planetary course. Worshipping them helps remove their negative impact. On this day-excursion from Trichy, visit the Temple of Jupiter situated in the town of Alangudi.
• River Cauvery
• Temple of Jupiter
• Dravidian architecture
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alangudi, Alangudi, Pudukkottai District, Tamil Nadu
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the hour long drive to the town of Alangudi that is situated at a distance of 40 miles from Trichy.
Situated on the banks of the River Cauvery, Alangudi is famous for the Temple of Jupiter. The original temple dates back to the 7th century while the present structure was built in the 16th century under the reign of the Nayak Kings.
According to Hindu astrology, Jupiter is considered to control the intellect and wealth of an individual. The temple is built in the Dravidian style of architecture and has a 2-tiered central tower with ornate exteriors. The temple also has a lingam (phallic structure) that is a symbol of God Shiva.
At the end of the tour, take lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant. After lunch you will be driven back to Trichy and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Tiruchirappalli International Airport, Tiruchy Airport Rd, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620007, India
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.