Temple of Artemis in Brauron Private Tour
Enjoy one of the hidden gems of Athens on this half day Private Tour. The Mythical Goddess Artemis Brauron was the protector of mothers & her main Temple is preserved through the hills & olive groves of east Athens beside the sea. A less well trodden area, this is a real hidden gem to uncover!
In ancient Greece the temple played an important role in religious life for Athenian women & worshipers walked the 25 km to the temple via the ‘sacred way’ during a festival held every 4-years, bringing them to the spot where the daughter of Agamemnon took refuge before the Trojan war. You can also see many fascinating pieces from life at the time are also held in the onsite museum.
In one of our New Mercedes EClass or AudiA4 models, and in the company of your experienced English speaking informative Tour driver your trip will be more comfortable & your tour also includes time to enjoy the beautiful seaside town of Porto Rafti where you can have a wonderful meal if choosing the lunch option.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All vehicles with WiFi, A/C, Chilled Bottled Water
- Athens Hotel, Residence or Cruise ship pickup & return
- Flexible pick up time on request & for Sunset
- First class transport: Mercedes E-Class or Audi A6 sedan; Mercedes minivan or Sprinter
- Free return transfer for Cruise ship passengers
- Professional English speaking experienced Tour driver
- Tour 100% exclusive to your group
What's excluded :
- Athens Airport transfers or pickup locations outside Athens: arranged on request with surcharge
- Entrance fees
- Licensed archeological guide for private guiding inside the site (available on request)
- Food and drinks unless specified
- Entry/Admission - The Sanctuary of Artemis
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Markopoulo Mesogaias 190 03, Greece
Your journey heads out of Athens where you will enjoy a drive towards the East coast which passes through the local wine growing region passing by countryside filled with vineyards & olive groves along the way.
Stop At: The Sanctuary of Artemis, Brauron, Athens 19003 Greece
Less than 400 meters from the Aegean Sea the temple is set in the local countryside. You can take the time you need to enjoy this site and also its on-site museum where there are displayed a great many artefacts from the area, many of which provide a fascinating insight into the workings of the temple & its place in Ancient Athenian culture & its local inhabitants.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Porto Rafti, Porto Rafti, East Attica Region, Attica
Porto Rafti is a highlight of the local coast. A cosmopolitan town on the sea where you can enjoy exploring along with its beautiful views.
If choosing the lunch option, you will also enjoy a wonderful traditional meal in a local taverna before your return.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Papagiannakos Winery, Poussi-Kalogeri, Markopoulo Mesogeas 19003 Greece
Extra stop on request.
The area along eastern Athens is a renowned wine producing region with many wineries & vinyeards. On request we can extend your tour with a private tour & tasting on one of the best of these to learn about the local history, varieties of Grape & wines produced which are among the highest quality, although are less well known outside of Greece. If this would be of interest just let us know at the email address provided & we will schedule your additional tour & advise of any extra cost.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
o Pick up time flexible on request. o For Airport pickup and locations outside of Athens there may be a supplement. We will advise on booking.o For Airbnb's please provide the exact addresso If you have luggage please provide details of quantity so we may provide the appropriate vehicleAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- GUIDING/LICENCED GUIDES: Please note that your knowledgeable tour driver can inform you en-route about all the places you will visit but is not allowed to enter Archaeological sites with you. For this purpose we can provide Expert Licenced Guides at an extra cost. If you would like this option included in your tour, please email the address listed or request during booking and we will confirm and advise accordinglying
- LUNCH OPTION: If choosing this option, please inform us of any allergies or related conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our Health & Safety Measures: All our Tours are private so you will never mix with another group. Our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, equipped with face-masks, hand sanitizer, & seats next to your driver remain free.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.