Templar Land ( Lisbon - Tomar - Batalha )
This Tour is full of secrets, legends and mysticism ...
The incredible architecture of the Batalha monastery and the Convent of the Order of Christ in Tomar, the mysterious Almourol castle on an island in the middle of the Tagus river, spectacular landscapes and rich in history, steeped in deception, betrayal, blood and courage of the Portuguese Kings and Knights. ...
All sites are included in the "7 Wonders of Portugal" and are protected by UNESCO.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Almourol
- Entry/Admission - Convento de Cristo
- Entry/Admission - Batalha Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelo de Almourol, Praia do Ribatejo 2260 Portugal
We start our tour with Almourol Castle, Is like a true and beautiful pearl, it opens to our eyes! In the early 12th century, it was built in the middle of the river Tagus near Tomar
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Tomar, Tomar, Santarem District, Central Portugal
Tomar is charming and quiet city, but during the 13th century it was one of the most influential cities on the Iberian Peninsula, being the religious home of the Knights Templar.
Stop At: Convento de Cristo, Igreja do Castelo Templario, Tomar 2300-000 Portugal
Next we will go to the timeless Monastery-Convent of Christ in the city of Tomar.
Residence of the Knights Templar expelled from France who were accepted by the Kingdom of Portugal, which needed experienced and educated defenders.
The Fortress Monastery of the Order of Christ in Tomar is a symbol, stronghold and main residence of the Templars in Portugal.
The monumental and grandiose building has various styles passing through various architectural eras (Romanesque, Gothic, Manueline and Renaissance),
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Batalha Monastery, Largo Infante Dom Henrique 2440, Batalha 2440-484 Portugal
Our next stop is at Batalha Monastery which will be no less surprising. A unique power structure, Gothic and Manueline, many towers and gargoyles, literally tied walls, beautiful and scary at the same time ... It was created as a tribute to the victory in the battle of Aljubarrota, thanks to which Portugal Kingdom conquered the independence from Castela
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Cais do Sodre, Lisboa, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
We can take you from your hotelAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Cais Sodre
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/25/2019 - 10/20/2021
Saturday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.