Tea Fields Tour - Discovery & Photo Walk in Wazuka
We will discover the hidden nooks and crannies of the town and landscape of Wazuka, including sites like the Shohoji Temple and Ishitera tea fields. With an 800 year history of tea cultivation, Wazuka has been shaped and sculpted by active tea farming that continues today. On this truly off-the-hidden-path, walking tour, we will explore the town and hills around Wazuka to find hidden treasures and beautiful spots for great pictures.
Beautiful in all seasons - from bright sunny days to mountains shrouded in low hanging clouds - Wazuka's evergreen tea plants and cedar groves are always a beautiful sight. The tour route will reflect the beautiful of each season during late afternoon light - from cherry blossoms in the spring to red Japanese maple leaves in the fall. This walk is one of discovery, with a photography twist - whether you are using a high-power camera, a smart phone, or just using your eyes - in a place where it is very rare to see any other tourists.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Single-origin Tea Tasting included
- Assorted Tea Cookies
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Shohoji Temple, 71 Minami, Wazuka-cho, Soraku-gun 619-1213 Kyoto Prefecture
A quiet temple with a beautiful view of the town of Wazuka and the tea fields on the slopes of Mt. Kamatsuka
Pass By: Ishitera Tea Plantation, Ishitera, Wazuka-cho, Soraku-gun 619-1221 Kyoto Prefecture
Ishitera is one of many scenic spots in Wazuka so we will visit many hidden, beautiful spots that TripAdvisor doesn't have in their map (so I cannot list them here).
Departure Point :d:matcha Kyoto CAFE&KITCHEN, Kyomachi-17 Kamatsuka, Wazuka, Soraku District, Kyoto 619-1212, Japan
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.