Tea Ceremony with a Geisha
Tea Ceremony is one of the arts that every trainee geisha must study in order to learn about Japanese culture, aesthetics, and manners.
This gives you the chance to watch young geisha practicing their tea ceremony skills with you as the guests. The geisha speak English and can explain the history and principles behind tea ceremony. Being able to speak English is a very rare skill for legitimate, traditional geishas as you will be able to ask questions of them directly. The ceremony includes tea, and traditional Japanese sweets.
!!!NORMAL TIME IS 2PM BUT ONLY ON THURS BETWEEN 9/26 AND END DECEMBER TIME WILL BE 5PM!!!
If you would like they may do a dance for you as well!
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Tea and traditional Japanese sweets are included in the ceremony
What's excluded :
- Watch the geisha perform their tea ceremony, a vital part of a young geisha's training.
Tea and traditional japanese sweets are included. The geisha speak english so you will be able to ask them any questions directly. If you would like they may also do a dance for you as well!
Departure Point :1-chōme-26-7 Tomioka, Koto City, Tōkyō-to 135-0047, Japan
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.