Taudaha to Champadevi Day Hiking around Kathmandu
The Taudaha to Champa Devi Day Hike is a delightful day trip to the top of Champa Devi Hill to see the beauty of the Himalayas as well as the Bagmati River Valley below. Taudaha Lake teams with fish and is a popular place for visitors. Champa Devi Hill rises to an elevation of 2278 meters and is the third-highest of the hills that ring the Kathmandu Valley.
It is a relatively easy hike to the top where there is a sacred temple dedicated to the goddess Devi and is a popular pilgrimage destination for both Hindus and Buddhists. Trek through dense pine forests to reach spectacular overlooks of the mountains and valley below.
In the area are Buddhist monasteries as well as Hindu temples that your guide will share with you. You travel by private car. The hike takes about ½ day, then spend the rest of the day seeing some of the religious and cultural sites in the area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hygienic packed lunch
- Professional hiking guide
- Entrance fee and local taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
The Taudaha to Champa Devi Day Hike begins near Taudaha Lake, the last remaining remnant of the giant lake that once covered this area. It is an easy ascension as you enter beautiful, lush pine forests. Exit the dense forest and watch eagles soar above you.
While part of the way is dense forests, the top of the hill is the open country where you can see awesome views of not only the snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas but also the surrounding countryside.
It is a good trail to the top as it is a sacred pilgrimage place for both Hindus and Buddhists. On the summit is a small temple site, the focal point for pilgrims. It is from this lofty vantage point that you can gaze in all directions to see the beauty of the Himalayas. Look down at the green valley below with its beautiful farms and small villages.
Return to Taudaha to pick up your vehicle. From here, your guide will show you some interesting Buddhist monasteries. There are also a number of sacred Hindu sites, including the Dakshinkali Temple. Dedicated to the goddess Kali, you can see animals sacrificed here every Tuesday and Saturday. Two rivers come together here in this valley to form a beautiful setting.
• Taudaha Lake, Dakshin Kali Road, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from all hotels inside the ring road including Bouddha area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must wear Proper hiking dress
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.