Taste of Transylvania Private Tour: Dracula & Peles Castles, Brasov Old Town
One private day trip. Three different ages. A king’s palace, a vampire’s castle and a Teutonic town. Step into the shoes of kings & queens at Peles Royal Palace, unveil the myth of Dracula at Bran Castle and get enchanted by medieval Brasov. Leave busy Bucharest behind and cross the Carpathians into Transylvania for a tour that you won’t easily forget! To top it off, this is a fully private tour so you won't share a van/bus and you'll have the tour guide just for you. Thus, the visits at the castles and the whole day will be a more personal and enjoyable experience.
per adult from
11 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Private transportation
- Private licensed guide & driver
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Castle entrance fees: total of 14 EUR/pers
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Black Church (Biserica Neagra)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Old Town, Bucharest Romania
At 8 AM, your private guide will pick you up from your hotel in Bucharest and take you on a tour that you won't easily forget. It's just a one day trip, but you'll go through three different ages: a king’s palace (Peles), a vampire’s castle (Bran) and a Teutonic town (Brasov). It's time travelling time!
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
At 8 AM, your private guide will pick you up from your hotel reception and take you on a day trip that you won't easily forget.
First off? Go royal! Step into the shoes of kings & queens and explore Peles Palace – the former private retreat of Romania’s royal family. The beautiful mountain scenery and elegant gardens built on terraces add even more charm to this majestic 19th century palace. Inside, everything spells luxury: golden chandeliers, walnut tree carvings, marble fountains, secret chambers and a royal armory. Your private guide will offer a fully guided tour at the site.
Driving time from Bucharest to Peles: 2h 15min (short stop for refreshments/restroom included)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
For our 2nd major stop, you’ll go even further back in time, during the late middle ages. Myths and legends swirl around the massive Bran Castle, a stone giant guarding the pass into Transylvania since the 14th century. Count Dracula vs Prince Vlad the Impaler. Fiction vs facts. Your private guide will help you explore the castle, offering a fully guided tour inside. After the visit at the castle, you'll have a short stop nearby for lunch.
Driving time from Peles to Bran Castle: 1h
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Council Square, Piata Sfatului, Brasov Romania
The tour’s grand finale? An epic medieval fantasy, started by the Teutonic Knights during their first decades of existence. We’ll visit the city of Brasov, founded by the knights in 1211 on top of an old Dacian site. Dramatically overlooked by Mount Tampa, the city’s medieval core is a myriad of narrow cobblestone streets, craft guilds, fortified towers, gatehouses or medieval decorated inns. Your guide will take you on a short walking tour around Council Square, the Black Church, Rope Street, Ecaterina Gate etc.
Driving time from Bran Castle to Brasov: 45 min
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Black Church (Biserica Neagra), Curte Honterus Johannes nr. 2, Brasov 500025 Romania
Our last stop before ending the walking tour of Brasov Old Town is at the famous Black Church, located right next to Council Square. After visiting the church exterior and learning about its tumultuous past, it's time to head back to Bucharest.
Driving time from Brasov to Bucharest: 3 hours, give or take, depending on traffic. (stop for refreshments/restroom included)
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :University's Square, Bulevardul Regina Elisabeta 3, București 030167, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide pick-up address when booking the tour (if available at the time of booking).Your private tour guide will pick you up from the hotel reception (or guesthouse, apartment etc.)If you don't provide a pick-up address by the time of the tour, the guide will wait for you at University Square, next to horse & rider statue of Mihai Viteazul.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At Peles Palace there is an optional photo tax of 35 lei (7 EUR) if you wish to take pictures inside.
- IMPORTANT! Peles Palace (interior museum) is closed on certain dates (see below). When the museum is closed, we can still visit the inner courtyard, royal gardens, servant quarters etc.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Peles Museum Schedule:
- Most travelers can participate
- Summer season (May 7 – Sep 29): closed on Mondays
- Winter season (Sep 30 – 6 May): closed on Mondays & Tuesdays
- Annual maintenance (4 -27 November) closed entirely
- We don’t have child seats so please bring your own.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.