Taste of the Camino de Santiago
Have you heard about the Camino de Santiago and even considered walking one of its itineraries (yes, there are multiple routes!)? But you do not have the possibility to take a few weeks off? Or are you doubting whether you are able to hike 20-30 km for multiple days in a row? This tour offers you the possibility to be a pilgrim for half a day by walking part (i.e. 12 kilometers) of the 'Camino Primitivo'. Along the way, I will share specific insights with you about the Asturian history, gastronomy and nature.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - A bottle of water and 2 typical Asturian snacks are included.
- Pilgrim Credential/ Passport of the Camino de Santiago
- Private guide during the whole trip
What's excluded :
- Taxi back- we'll share the costs (3-6 euros p.p, depending on the amount of travelers).
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de San Salvador de Oviedo
- Entry/Admission - Route of Santiago de Compostela
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catedral de San Salvador de Oviedo, Plaza de Alfonso II El Casto, 33003, Oviedo Spain
We will start our tour at the Cathedral, where I will explain the relation of Oviedo and the Cathedral with the Camino de Santiago. Since I am not a licensed guide, I am not able to guide you inside the Cathedral.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Monte Naranco, Avenida de los Doctores Fernandez-Vega,, Oviedo Spain
You walk along the feet of Naranco, Oviedo's 'own' mountain, overlooking the city. Occasionally, you'll see vultures circling around. Right on top you can see the monument 'Sagrado Corazón de Jesús'.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Route of Santiago de Compostela, Oviedo Spain
We will hike the first 12k of the "Camino Primitivo", the most original route of the Camino de Santiago. We start in Oviedo. After walking around 4k through the city, we'll enter the Asturian countryside where we will enjoy the pastures, hills and forest. We'll end our hike in a restaurant with a beautiful view on the Asturian mountains after which we'll take a taxi back to Oviedo.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Oviedo Cathedral, Plaza Alfonso II el Casto, s/n, 33003 Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are necessary in Oviedo. Since the tour takes place in the open air and most of it out of the city in the scarcely populated countryside, face masks are not needed during the rest of the tour as long as social distancing (1.5 meters) is maintained.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.