Taste of Ljubljana: Small Group or Privat Walking Tour Including Local Lunch
As locals know, one of the best ways to really get a feel for a new place is through its food. That’s exactly what we’ll be doing on this tour where you’ll get to eat your way through Ljubljana’s vibrant farmers’ market and discover how this underrated city has become a culinary hot spot. In fact, Slovenia has been awarded the official title of European Gastronomic Region of 2021. As we enjoy the sights and bites of the city, you’ll also have a chance to explore the streets of Old Town and eat a delicious lunch among locals. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide,
- Local products at the market, honey, chocolate, one glass of wine, one local liquor
- A full regional lunch with two dishes (three daily menu choices, vegetarian option available).
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Preseren Square, Ljubljana Slovenia
Get to know one of Europe’s most beautiful cities in one of the best way’s possible - through its food. While it might still be an underrated destination, Ljubljana has been slowly upping its culinary game, emerging as a city perfect for travelling foodies.
You will meet your friendly, local guide in Prešeren Square in the very centre of the city.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Central Market, Vodnikov trg, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia
We’ll head straight for Ljubljana’s vibrant farmers’ market to discover hidden gems, wander through the inner market, and taste some local goodies. We’ll also check out the fish market and try a sip of fresh milk straight from the farm.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Town Square, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Next, we’ll make our way to the heart of Ljubljana’s Old Town, past some of the city’s most famous landmarks whose stories will be revealed to you as we walk. We’ll be making two tasty stops as we walk across the Town square, where you will have the chance to try some local honey as well as a sweet-salty bite of handmade chocolate topped with fleur de sel.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Ljubljana Old Town, Ljubljana Slovenia
Digging even deeper into the region’s food scene, you’ll learn about the importance of the Slovenian forest and its fruits. We’ll sample a liquor made from blueberries, dried figs or honey, which will help you understand the cultural importance of these drinks and their importance in shaping our national character.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gornji Trg, Ljubljana Slovenia
Even though you’ve been snacking all day, now it’s time for a proper meal. We’ll continue to a restaurant where locals love to go for their daily lunch. The menu offers three different options (always including a vegetarian dish).
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Departure Point :Prešeren Square, Prešernov trg, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Gornji trg, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children between the ages of 4 and 10 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under 4 are permitted on this tour and can join free of charge.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.