Taste of Emilia-Romagna: Parmigiano, Lambrusco and Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Follow your taste buds to the heart of Italy’s most famous foodie region on this delicious Emilia-Romagna day trip from Florence. This tour offers you the chance to discover first-hand how products renowned worldwide for their taste and high quality are made.
This region is famous for Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamic Vinegar and Lambrusco Wine. Most probably you are already familiar with these products, but did you know that the original ones are produced exclusively in Emilia-Romagna? Learn about centuries-old production methods that make these specialties prized around the world.
The entire day you will enjoy three different tastings: Parmesan, Wine and Balsamic Vinegar tasting. A consistent typical lunch will be provided on the side.
Before returning to Florence, you will also do some sightseeing in the charming city of Modena, famous for the Enzo Ferrari Museum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Appetizers and 3-course lunch
- Wine tasting
- Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar from Modena tasting
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Certified sommelier/guide with you the entire day
- 100% Private Tour
- Entry/Admission - Caseificio Bio Reggiani
- Entry/Admission - FATTORIA MORETTO
- Entry/Admission - Acetaia Sereni
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borgo Ognissanti, 70, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Check-in and departure.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Caseificio Bio Reggiani, Via Francesco Baracca 6, 41013 Recovato, Castelfranco Emilia Italy
At this caseificio (cheese factory) you will be introduced to the universe of parmesan cheese and get to know its secrets. Behind every roll of Parmigiano Reggiano is more than meets the eye, due to the intricate traditional recipe behind and the controlled conditions of the entire process.
You will watch cheese makers at work and witness the entire process. The tour of the factory will eventually lead to the aging room (‘stagionatura’ in Italian), where you will admire rows and columns of cheese wheels perfuming the air. The factory produces more types of cheese, all organic.
The caseificio tour will end with a tasting of Parmesan Cheese accompanied by honey and marmalade.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: FATTORIA MORETTO, Via Tiberia, 13/B, 41014 Castelvetro di Modena MO, Italy
Moretto winery is a family-run company producing Lambrusco Grasparossa for three generations. The makers pay a lot of attention to the peculiarities of the territory, preferring quality over quantity. Lambrusco is typical of the region Emilia-Romagna and was produced with the idea of pairing it with other traditional products from the area, all of which you will taste during the day.
You will tour the entire estate, starting off with the vines, vinification and rooms and finishing off in the modern tasting room. You will taste different types of Lambrusco that possess distinct characteristics and flavours.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Acetaia Sereni, Via Villabianca, 2871, 41054 Marano Sul Panaro MO, Italy
Today Acetaia Sereni is a leader in the production of traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena and a vast range of sweet and sour condiments. Here you will have a consistent lunch at the property's restaurant that is overlooking a breathtaking scenery.
Afterwards, you will have a private tour of the cellars, receiving a full explanation of the Balsamic Vinegar’s manufacturing process: from the pressing of the grapes and the wort boiling, to the filtration and mixing steps. The visit will end with a balsamic vinegar tasting.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Modena, Modena, Province of Modena, Emilia-Romagna
You will get to enjoy some leisure time in Modena. You can stroll around its charming streets and take it in its authenticity. The city is famous for the Enzo Ferrari Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
Drop-off. The tour will generally end where it started.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Borgo Ognissanti, 70, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is included and can be requested during booking or communicated before the day of the tour.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- If you have any special dietary requirements, please inform us in advance
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have ensured all the necessary precautions, as we highly value our travellers' safety. The experience is entirely private. We operate in accordance with governmental regulations. Safety distance will be enforced at all times. As an environmental measure, open and ventilated spaces are preferred.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.