Tarquinia & Tuscania from Civitavecchia
Tarquinia, cradle of the Etruscan civilization, is situated in a wonderful position near the Tyrrhenian Sea; it preserves some of an unbroken history from the Etruscan legend of Tagete to present days.
Famous and powerful, Etruscan Tarquinia stood on the Civita hill.
From here the birthplace of three of the seven kings of Rome: Tarquinio Prisco, Numa Pompilius and Tarquinius Superbus. After its destruction, it has developed the modern town on the opposite hill .
Here the medieval Tarquinia knew new glory imprinted in majestic towers, in the sober and elegant Romanesque churches, in the sturdy walls . Minimum of passengers required for this tour 6 people. On Monday all the museums in Italy are closed for day off.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Necropoli di Tarquinia
- Entry/Admission - Museo Archeologico di Tuscania
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Necropoli di Tarquinia, Strada Provinciale 43, 01016, Tarquinia Italy
The Etruscan Necropolis of Monterozzi is located over an upland east of Tarquinia (Viterbo) and counts with approximately 6,000 tombs, most of them spaces digged into the rock and surmounted by tumulus, the oldest of them dating back to the seventh century BC. Among these, approximately 200 contain a series of frescoes representing the largest pictorial Etruscan art group arrived to our days and, at the same time, the largest proof of the whole Ancient paintings before Roman Imperial Age.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Museo Archeologico di Tuscania, Largo Moretti 1, 01017 Tuscania Italy
Tuscania is located in the Lazio region of Italy in the province of Viterbo.According to one legend the town had first been founded by Ascanius where he had found twelve pups.The church of San Pietro in Tuscania is known to be one of the most beautiful churches in the region of Lazio. The church was originally built in the 8th century and was later renovated during the 11th and the 12th centuries.The church of San Pietro is mainly famous for its unique architecture and its interesting façade. The church has beautiful rose windows and trifons, which are three headed carvings. Inside the church there are elegant decorations and beautiful art works.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Touring in Rome, 00053, Civitavecchia Italy
Tour from Civitavecchia pier
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Vacation rentals,apartments,bed and breakfast
Departure Time :Flexible departure time
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.